I've bought the HP Officejet Pro 8500+ for £140 after a £60 cash back as my main requirements are both duplex scanning and duplex printing. I have an old canon MFP 730 with ADF since 2002, its a great product. Can you please confirm to me (because I might return the HP):
1. How fast can it scan 5 pages of A4 (black/mono) both single and double sided @ 300 dpi (default option)
2. And also the same 5 pages in colour mode single and double sided@ 300 dpi
3. When you do duplex printing, after it prints the one side, is there a delay before it pulls back the paper to print on the second side? I am told the HP does this to let the ink dry but to print 10 pages double sided took rediculously long (over 5 minutes) and I tend to do quick (print and dash) runs
4. Is there a function to PDF scan directly to USB stick, or email from the LCD without having to connect to the computer or have the computer on (the HP can do this)
5. How is the paper pick up on the scanning ADF? My old canon seems to like picking up 2-3 pages at a time because these days a lot of people use recycled paper to its very dry and not easy to grip.
6. Like HP, is there an ePrint function, where anyone can send a document to a special email address and it goes directly through to the printer (as if it were a fax)?
Thanks very much.