5.0 out of 5 stars My New Bible, 3 July 2008
This review is from: Skinny Bitch (Paperback)
Ok, so I admit after seeing this in Victoria Beckham's bony hands (and obviously observing her man on the new Armani adverts *sigh*) I felt compelled to buy this book, even if it was just for the read! I was not disappointed. Being a medical student, and paranoid about my figure constantly I would like to say that I know more than the average person when it comes to nutrition, yet this book points out the blindingly obvious, that most of us would just look past! After reading this, I started to implement things into my day-to-day routine (and I am still working on it, after all this isn't a faddy diet but a lifestyle change!) but I can honestly say it has made the world of difference. After the first few days I felt so much better!

I read a few reviews stating they had 'bowel problems', which doesn't surprise me as you are eating that much fruit and vegetables your body is in shock from all the nutritious fibre, it's lapping up those vitamins and minerals! It settles after a little while, as your body gets used to new foods.

For anyone wishing to embark on a permanent lifestyle change, or even just a hilarious read this book is fantastic! I always go back to it and read it again just to remind me at times why i'm doing this (especially when my mates are tucking into a huge tub of ben n jerrys ice cream!) and as soon as I start to read it again it takes me back to my motivation at square one! Plus it's small enough to put in your bag for those restaurant visits ;o)

For anyone who does take up this challenge in the UK, will probably have some difficulties finding places to buy vegan products that they reccommend. However, I have found that the best thing to do is make your own 'treats' e.g. cookies, cakes etc from scratch there are LOADS of cook books on amazon. If anyone would like to ask me any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you. My advice would be; DO IT!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Aug 2011 18:27:46 BDT
Taking you up your offer to suggest good cook books. :) Thanks for your frank review!

Posted on 15 Aug 2011 13:55:29 BDT
Kate Hopkins says:
As a medical student perhaps you should read Fibre Menace - re the bowl problems people were having

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Oct 2011 22:48:18 BDT
wow am loving your review! So helpful. Will deffo be buying this... would you recommend i ]t for a long time vegan? It has just has that much media coverage I have to buy...

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 10:00:28 GMT
If you are a long term vegan then it probably won't add to your knowledge but it will be an entertaining read!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 10:08:32 GMT
Maybe I will read this book, however fibre is a well recognised 'need' in the human diet and if you think back to evolution health problems such as IBS etc have come about in recent times... we've always survived on a basic staple of vegetables! There are plenty of well documented SCIENTIFIC TRIALS that prove that fibre does reduce the incidence of colon cancer! Maybe read The Lancet, The British Medical Journal or other medical texts/journals for factual evidence not a book made for the masses to make money!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jul 2014 14:00:10 BDT
Klytemnestra says:
It's healthy, it's vegan...and it's recommending types of food you can only buy in America? I'm curious as to what sorts of food you mean. Healthy vegan food is easy to make from a supermarket, and the speciality stuff tends to be the unhealthy vegan food. Massively processed fake cream cheese, that sort of thing. I've been vegan for seventeen years, and while things like plant milks are a lot more popular now, it's always been easy to cook.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (177 customer reviews)

7.99 5.59