4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: The 3 Essential Oils: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Castor Oil (Kindle Edition)
I learned quite a lot from this book and will read it again. I have tried some things. Found Biona Organic raw virgin coconut oil very good in some of the things I have cooked. I am still experimenting. I use the castor oil and find it very gentle and softening on my face. I haven't found using coconut oil on my skin very successful at all as it stays greasy and doesn't sink in. Nobody seems to mention this point.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Mar 2014 02:13:30 GMT
Purespirit7 says:
Hi there,
Just wanted to let you know my experiences with coconut oil with reference to the skin.
I digest ( in various forms) 3 tablespoons of coconut oil per day and after 6 weeks noticed a tremendous improvement in my skin. Plus my weight had dropped by 7 lbs without any changes in my diet. With reference to using topically, I too found it too greasy/oily but then a friend, who at 55 has the skin of someone barely forty, told me where I was going wrong. Basically, LESS IS MORE. Barely one half teaspoon rubbed into my hands and them massaged into my face, neck and chest for approx two minutes, followed by just resting for 5 minutes left me with skin so very soft and not oily at all.
Don't give up, find the (less amount) that works for you. The slight crape paper effect my skin was developing on my arms, chest and hands have gone. Persevere...it's worth it! Sorry for the ramble...I just feel so passionate about this wonderful MCT oil.
I hope I've helped a little. Best wishes.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2014 22:26:48 GMT
Really appreciate you taking the time to explain thank you. I will keep trying with a lesser amount. I am using it more and more in my cooking, not such is needed. Haven't actually got around to swallowing it in quantity yet. How do you normally 'take' it just as it is? I'm not a fan of oily anything really. At the moment I am trying to shift a cough I've had for nearly 5 weeks incl. a course of antibiotics. Maybe I should try the oil? Do you know if it is o kay to consume the refined one meant for skin? Just wondered.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Mar 2014 23:26:09 GMT
Purespirit7 says:
Hi Christine,
Yes, great that you use it in your cooking, in fact any way to digest coconut oil is beneficial (unrefined) I do oil pulling with coconut oil too....sounds unpleasant but it's not really and SO beneficial to your health. In fact one of the kindle books on oil pulling is excellent. Once you try this and get the benefit...you won't want to stop! (E.g draws toxins out of the body, over a few months has dissolved any plaque hiding in the dark recesses (dentist commented on me NOT needing my six month hygienist appointment) plus it has lifted the colour of my teeth by about two shades.....the benefits are numerous, please research oil pulling if you haven't already. With regards to consuming it, I will sometimes just take some off the spoon (cooling, light and not unpleasant) or stir a little into plain Greek yogurt, into a smoothie...even into soups on occasions. I am a Natural Health practitioner so with reference to your infection/cough (because your Doc' gave you antibiotics it must be bacterial and not viral) please remember to take a good PROBIOTIC after you finish your course to rebalance your gut/digestive flora or you will be wide open to THRUSH/CANDIDA plus your immune system will take months to recover which will leave you open to all sorts of infections. PROBIOTICS will speed up the recovery/negative side to taking antibiotics. With reference to the cough, leave dairy (especially milk, cheese, butter products alone for a while (mucus forming) and stay well away from Soya products unless fermented.
Make sure you use Organic, unrefined (virgin) coconut oil internally and externally. The refined oil has no real benefits.
Hope I haven't bombarded you with too much info'
My best wishes.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014 14:59:34 GMT
I am grateful for your good advice. I have a friend who does oil pulling but hesitated to try it as I don't like a fatty taste lingering in my mouth but it does seem to have beneficial effects. I do have a yoghurt every morning and use skimmed milk in tea. I thought the yoghurt would help with the probiotic effect but maybe I should buy some tablets instead.
Just for interest, last year in Spring I bought some pollen and propolis capsules as I suffer badly when the oil seed rape fields come into blossom locally. That with local honey helped so much but the propolis gave me thrush so now I can't take them. Such a pity. I have also discovered some of the cheap antibiotics the NHS is fond of using give me thrush but the non generic ones which now I ask for, haven't so far. I also ended up in A & E with one generic antibiotic as I found my breathing was affected. As this has happened with a near neighbour as well it does make me wonder how many more people are affected. Similarly my usual make of blood pressure pill wasn't available and I had one from a different company which made me itch badly. As soon as I stopped taking that it went. The chemist said it was probably the casing of the capsule as the drug had, by law, to remain the same. Interesting though. Hope in turn I haven't bombarded you with info you didn't want. Thanks again, Chris.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (3 customer reviews)

1.93