3.0 out of 5 stars Worth Watching., 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Okay, i never usually review on much things but i want to talk specifically to anybody deciding to buy this DVD. I'm nearly 18 and i was told this movie was next best thing and truly hilarious. It had a few funny scenes and when i say a few i mean like 1 or 2 scenes that made me giggle. I didn't think it was hilarious, not even close. I was a bit disappointed. People reading this will probably shug this review off and move onto a 5 star review which it looks like there are plenty of and i don't understand, where we watching the same movie? I did however like the romance side to the movie involving Officer Rhodes. Maybe thats because i'm a sucker for romance but it saved this movie in my opinion. Without that storyline, i don't believe there would be a storyline at all. I may watch this movie in the future but i won't be holding my breath in excitement anytime soon. I hope this review helped, honestly i do.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2011 13:56:13 GMT
Dee Vimes says:
Perhaps some of the relationship humour lends itself to someone who's 'lived a little more life' but at 39 (forever) I thought it was pretty funny.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2011 17:52:02 GMT
I'm older than you, Dee and I didn't find it particularly funny. It was much too crude for my taste. Certainly my life hasn't been much like this and I'm very happy with that.

Posted on 17 Dec 2011 02:51:41 GMT
Laura says:
Totally get what you mean! It is a good film but I think there was just too much hype about it coming out that people had higher expectations about it, at least my mum and I did. There is a few funny scenes but I have seen funnier.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2011 21:30:15 GMT
Roadrunner says:
I don't think age has much to do with it (i'm 37). I found the humour a bit silly and immature. Not a bad film at all, it was entertaining, but I didn't laugh out loud once and it's seriously stretching it to call this ground-breaking as some have done.

Posted on 1 Jan 2012 17:28:22 GMT
I have to say I felt much the same about this movie, after receiving rave reviews from my 18 year old daughter and friends - I thought I'd buy the movie and was utterly disappointed especially when it got to the part where the C word was said - that did it for me!! Why oh Why do movies have to resort to using such a foul word and especially "Chick flicks"

Posted on 23 Jan 2012 14:52:25 GMT
Heather says:
I'm with you 100% there, I found very few scenes actually made me laugh and the rare best bits were shown in the advert! I didn't like or relate to the main character but enjoyed the romance between her and Officer Rhodes!

Posted on 17 Aug 2012 08:50:00 BDT
I thought it was one huge disappointment. If you saw the trailer you had seen the film. Kirsten Wiig was thoroughly unlikeable as a main character and who keeps their bra on when having sex? Gimme a break! It lacked any kind of wit and was just a gross out comedy with women instead of men - a genre which outstayed its welcome after about one movie. What Rose Byrne was doing in it after such great work in Damages was beyond me - shows actors are only as good as the script.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2013 21:45:19 GMT
rickshayne says:
Clearly, this movie made millions of dollars, there are 361 reviews as of today, so it just can't be a bad movie. It depends on your taste. It also depends on what your expectations are before you watch it. I found it really weird at first but even before it was over, I wanted to watch it again, and after the second time I found it really really funny.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2013 21:58:28 GMT
A spurious argument "it made money so it must be good"! Gimme a break!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›