Fantastic arcade game. Lots of fun :-),
This review is from: Death Rally (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is a fantastic game of racing and shooting cars. I am writing the review after completing the game and beating the final challenge.
Please be aware that this game features unusual top-down camera angle and will need a lot of practice to get used to it. Please see youtube videos. For example [...]
+ various tracks and environments like street race, driving on ice..
+ several vehicles to choose from including a van, hummer..
+ range of weapons from shotgun to rocket launcher
+ cars are upgradable with speed/handing/armour
+ handling of vehicles depends on skill
+ game runs smoothly
+ very good sounds
The (not so) bad:
- generic music (volume can be set and even can be muted)
- unpleasant driver voices (volume can be set and even can be muted)
- game length - took me a total 14h and I wish the game would be longer
- view on some tracks is obstructed
- final challenge driver uses faster car then player can get
- marathon type of race is boring as it does not allow use of weapons and has 42 laps
- no opponents to be found online