5.0 out of 5 stars Manchester United Season Review 2012-13, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Manchester United Champions 2012/13 - Season Review [DVD] (DVD)
As a lot of people know by now, PDI Media were back to make this years Manchester United Season Review DVD.

I have every Season Review DVD since 02/03 (and have the 1998/1999 season of course!) along with many other Manchester United DVD's like the Road to Moscow. I'd never really thought about the quality of how they were made, until Bombo made an unwatchable Season Review in 10/11. Whilst they did a good job of 11/12 and 'Wayne Rooney: Goal Machine', It's fair to say I, like many other United fans, was very relieved to see PDI Media had returned.

I'm happy with this years DVD, it's what can be expected really.

The review itself is just over 2 hours long (a little bit shorter than I wanted personally), but has some nice extra's in Van Persie's 30 goals and the title celebrations (18 minutes long for the latter).

You could really see they were emphasizing the fact that we had won the league and they almost rushed the fa cup exit and made no fuss of it. It almost felt like this season review was based solely on the league, which is an unfamiliar feeling. It doesn't take away from the DVD too much at all, and I am very happy with it. Looking forward to next season!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Jun 2013 18:00:04 BDT
Aaron says:
I just wondered does this year have the original camera angles and commentary instead of the MUTV commentary?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2013 18:14:41 BDT
Mike says:
Yes it has both original camera angles and commentary. It's back to how it used to be with the other season reviews before the 2010/2011 season, thank goodness!!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2013 20:01:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2013 20:07:54 BDT
Aaron says:
Thanks so much for replying back :) I couldn't find any reviews on this dvd anywhere.
I'm definitely going to buy it now, as 2011 season review was a huge disappointment, but thankfully PDI Media are back.
It's interesting you mentioned about only 18 minutes long of title celebratiions, as I remember 2007 & 2009 title celebrations were pretty long. It's a shame they didn't add more time on this time round. It's a bit of a disappointment that they didn't add the title parade to the special features, which is a shame aswel as it was an incredible day for everyone associated with the club, however I know we can't have it all. Overall I'm happy with the sound of the dvd and thanks again for you're reply :)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 00:55:10 BDT
Mike says:
No problem! Let me know what you think of it! Sometimes it takes a while for me to truly love that years season review if that makes sense... as I have seen all the goals etc already, where as in a few years I will have forgotten some of it and when I come to watch it back I'll appreciate it more!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›