30 of 39 people found the following review helpful
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)If you liked the first Borderlands you will love this game. The story continues from where the first Borderlands left off and will be very familiar to anyone who played the first game. The Cell Shaded look is back and looks fantastic the game has a comic book feel to it.
Borderlands 2 is rumoured to be much longer this time round, about 58 hours in length. Im a little skeptical about this but we shall wait and see. Even if Borderlands 2 was only as long as the first game there will plenty to do. There are plenty of side missions along with the main story.
Like the first there is plenty of loot, guns and grenades (more then you can imagine), the weapons are colour coded so you know how powerful/rare they are. Unlike the first game, Borderlands 2 allows you to collect character skins so that you can customise your characters.
There are four main classes and one extra class if you pre-ordered the game or buy the DLC (available in October). Each character has a different action skill so there should be someone to suit everyones play style -
- Gunzerker (Salvador) - His ability allow him to dual wield any two weapons in the game.
- Commando (Axton) - He has a turret which he can deploy onto the battlefield (like the soldier in Borderlands 1)
- Siren (Maya) - She can Phase-lock an enemy in the air. Very handy when there are lots of enemies. Depending on the way you level up her ability you can use the gain extra health from the enemy in the lock or inflict extra damage.
- Assassin (Zero) - Zeros ability allows him to go into stealth mode so that he can sneak up on enemies and deal devastating damage with his sword. He can also create a decoy of himself to distract the enemies.
- Mechromancer (Gaige) - This character is only available if you pre-ordered Borderlands 2 or if you purchase her as DLC. She will be available to download in October. Gaige's action skill allows her to deploy a big robot called Death Trap to the battlefield which can be used for offence and support.
You have a skill tree for each character so you can enhance your ability to the way you want. Borderlands 2 now features Badass Points which can be exchanged for tokens. The Badass tokens allow you to unlock abilities (such as extra damage) that will improve all of your classes.
Borderlands 2 can be played in CO-OP (upto 4 players). The game is so much fun playing on your own but when playing with friends its even better.
The game has amazing replay value. There are the different characters to play with and level up. The weapon chest are completely random so you never find the same weapon in the same chest, also there are so many different guns and grenades to collect.
This game is worth buying for anyone who likes RPG's and FPS's. Its fun to play, has a great story and is rumoured to be very long in length. If you liked the first game then its a no brainer this game is for you. The humour will not be to everyones taste but it goes well with the story and I would be surprised if you do not find parts of the game/dialogue funny.
There are some texture issues now and then but do not let that put you off, Borderlands 2 is awesome and If you like first person RPG's or even just FPS's then this game is definitely worth a play.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Sep 2012 11:30:16 BDT
Thanks for the review.I'm more interested in the single player than co-op so was unsure whether to buy this or not.
In reply to an earlier post on 22 Sep 2012 11:38:08 BDT
Syntax Error says:
Its an awesome game, worth every penny.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›