5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: USE YOUR OWN CAR WHEN COOKING FISH ON THE ENGINE., 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Incredible Edibles (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Based on the CBBC series of the same name presented by Stefan Gates, the book is all about strange and weird food facts from around the world. Typically it has plenty of `yuck factor' facts that will appeal to children and adults alike.

The book is well presented and nicely illustrated in full colour.

Fermented herring, duck heads, snake skins on skewers and rats, all edible and given a mark out of ten for looks, taste, texture, smell and yuckiness.

In the past, during moments of mis-spent youth I have tried crickets, worms, ants, durian fruit, witchery grubs and something on a stick in Hong Kong that was not chicken so I don't consider myself a fussy eater. I have a family reputation for trying the unusual, sometimes more than once, but some of the stuff in this book I would decline gracefully.

The book also gives ideas on how to make normal food unusual, eyeballs perhaps, fluorescent jelly and stinging nettle soup, and how to cook in unusual ways.

My 7 year old son and I experimented with the `how to cook fish on the engine of your car' section. Word of warning, secure the fish and double wrap in foil. Our experiment was not entirely successful.

This is a fun book, it will inspire the imagination and is a worth addition to any book collection. It makes any book by Ray Mears fairly pedestrian.

Finally one more minor warning, you should endeavour to use your own car when cooking fish on the engine. My wife had a minor sense of humour failure over it, though that was probably because we were not able to retrieve all if it.

A great book.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 May 2013 18:58:42 BDT
Hi,
I am in my third year doing my BA in Graphic Design at London College of Communication. For one of my briefs I have been asked to find a design solution to help reduce food wastage. I decided to create an app, targeted at young children to use with their parents and carers. I wanted to target young children as they are our next generation.
Fruit and veg are one of the highest foods we waste in the UK, my app will be full of recipes and tips for parents/carers to use and learn with their children. I have a disadvantage as I do not have kids and am not familiar with them.
Here is my email if you could please kindly help with my uni project by giving me a feedback for my app, it will be much appreciated.

This is my email: l.salisbury3@lcc.arts.ac.uk

I look forward to you reply.
Best Regards,
Lavender Salisbury.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2013 23:42:35 BDT
Helpless says:
Though I understand your predicament when you say you do not have children and are not familiar with them. Its quite an undertaking. I'd recommend that you approach a local mothers group in your area and explain what you are doing on your course and what you hope to achieve with your design solution to reduce waste. Then try to arrange a small focus group.

Alternatively if you log on to mumsnet and explain what you are doing you may be surprised at how much help and feed back you get. Unfortunately I do not to offer feedback or reviews outside of Amazon.
I wish you all the best and good luck with your project.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (22 customer reviews)

9.99 4.99