1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and disastrous.............., 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Kingston 32GB Class 10 SD SDHC Memory Card For Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40 Camera (Electronics)
This product has been a disaster. I purchased this and a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40 camera to take on safari holiday to Tanzania. Having read a camera review that someone had previously written saying they had to format the card before use, I put the card in and took a picture before we left for our holiday to make sure it was working - it was fine. On holiday it was working fine but when reviewing pictures it frequently came up with the message 'cannot view this picture'. After awhile it came up with message, try another card. After awhile it came up with this card is not formatted for this device. I tried to format it but it would not do this without deleting all the data............... :Luckily, I had a spare SanDisk card which I had been using in my previous Lumix TZ6 camera. This then worked perfectly. On trying to use the Kingston card again (after that game drive) it would not let me do anything but said change card or insert SD card again. I had hoped that when I got home I would be able to pick up the pics on my computer but it comes up with message you need to format in G drive before using and a message I cannot remember about windows not being able to do this..................... Computers is not my specialist subject and I am very nervous about losing some fantastic pictures taken in the Serengeti while on a holiday of a lifetime - the wildebeeste migration is only a part of the awesome experience we had. To buy a card that is specifically recommended and described as for my new camera and then have these problems is incomprehensible to me................ My brother who helps me with all my computer queries is coming to stay next week and I only hope he may be able to help me retrieve the pictures..............

In summary, the camera is excellent and I am thrilled with the pictures and ease of us. Using the card specifically sold for the product has been a frustration and disaster - I only hope I am eventually able to find a way to recover some really awesome pictures and memories..................

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Apr 2014 12:46:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Apr 2014 12:57:31 BDT
S. Gosden says:
I have had the same problem several times. Fortunately my wife has a different (older) Lumix camera and I found that hers could read the card when mine couldn't. By taking one picture on hers I could then use the card in mine again - until next time! I think the picture index on the card is corrupted. this can happen if I accidentally touch the green playback button while talking a picture as the camera tries to change mode before saving the picture.

Perhaps you can get a camera shop to read your card in a different model Lumix camera. Take one photo with that camera and you should then be able to recover all your pictures.

You could also try this software: http://www.photographyblog.com/news/stellar_phoenix_photo_recovery_4.0/ which claims to recover most pictures and has a free test version as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2014 10:30:04 BDT
Thanks so much - I really appreciate this. I have a Lumix TZ6 and have put the card in this. It came up with memory card error. Format this card? When I pressed no - it came up with please check card. When I pressed yes - it came up with egg timer and please wait. After waiting for long time it now keeps coming up with format error......... My brother did manage to get quite a few pictures back for me through some card recovery option that cost 39.99 Usd - but worth every cent - some are missing and some corrupted but at least I have the majority which is great. I did send the card back to Kingston to see if they could recover but they got no result at all - a bit useless like their product!!!
Thanks again. I'll keep the card and keep looking out for anyone who has a different make of Lumix to try it in!!!!!!! You never know one day they may appear like magic???

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2014 18:03:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jul 2014 18:04:54 BDT
johnwash1 says:
For others reading this who have a corrupted card: go to cgsecurity.org and get the totally free (and open source) PhotoRec software. Brilliant, I've used it on several corrupted cards and hard drives for people. And he does have a Paypal button on the site, so if it works for you, send him a bit of the $39.99 you saved! (I have no connection with the author, I'm just a happy user).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›