3.0 out of 5 stars Funtastic Scooter, 30 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Ozbozz My First Scooter (Toy)
I purchased the Ozbozz scooter last week for my sons 3rd Birthday because he has a big scooter but has balance issues so thought a smaller one would be better and this one has four wheels which can be reduced to three then two. Whilst it is totally adjustable wheel wise it's not adjustable in any other way so would do from about 18 months to 4 or 5 if you have a sall child due to the footplate and handle being quite short.

On paper this thing looks great it has adjustable wheels to suit your growing child, folds compact(ish), a bit different from the silver ones you see everywhere and it looks a lot sturdier than some.

Yesterday when I recieved it I took it from the box to build it, this was hard work because the parts don't seem to fit together properly. The instructions are difficult to use as it is literally just one picture showing you where to put bolts, nuts and screws no numbers to show you which to do first or even a step by step guide. Personally I think that is a bit shocking.

The wheels were easy enough to get on, although be warned they are greased so you may get greasy hands, but the pole that you attach the handle too is a painto use it has a sticker round it to say where the minimum insert is this is about 4 inches up the handle but we could only get it in about 1.5inches before it jammed in and will not budge either way. I called Ozbozz to get told it would be fine as long as I secure the bolt round it which is also a pain to get on and as the handle was jammed in aslong as it was'nt wobbling it is safe to use and I have to say I am glad that the handle did'nt go all the way down to the minimum line because the handle is the perfect height for my 3YO so I would'nt bother worrying about that TBH it's safe enough.

Sorry just thought I'd give a headsup about that! It took me 40 minutes to assemble this because of the faffing but in the end it does make a stable and very cute scooter which both myself and my son love! He has been riding around with the 4 wheels like he is a racer and has'nt fallen once.

I would recommend this scooter as a whole I just wish it came with better instructions and easier to build as it really is fab when it's up and running. Great for the money and seems sturdy enough.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jul 2010 14:02:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jan 2011 12:49:43 GMT
SuBh says:
I agree with the comment on the bolt around the handle.
After full insertion of the handle, the unpainted [serrated] part is still visible and looks ugly. The handle is wobbley but doesn't come out. The mechanism introduced to prevent it comming out is just a small black screw. Tightening the bolt is a pain and it caused a lot of scratches to paint work.
Also, it is very noisy on rough tarmac compared to the leading three wheel scooter that many use.
I should say, I have seen some envious kid's faces in park who see a scooter which has more wheels than theirs.

Posted on 26 Jan 2011 12:36:48 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 26 Jan 2011 12:49:20 GMT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (350 customer reviews)

£20.00 £19.99