5.0 out of 5 stars SPACE 1999 AS IT SHOULD BE SEEN by Mark Hevingham, 30 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Space - 1999: Volumes 1-6 (Box Set) [DVD] [1975] (DVD)
This highly ambitious - if scientifically implausible -series has blasted onto DVD in three volumes - also collected as a box set - from Carlton video. Each disc carries four remastered episodes in production order.
I am hard to impress, but, having viewed the discs, I am literally stunned. The prints are faultless, bursting with a vibrancy unseen since the original transmissions. Colours are solid and natural, and it is now time to burn those shoddy drop out ridden VHS copies that we all bought in the 90's! This is Space 1999 as it should be seen.
Not even the BBC's remastered prints can hold a candle to these newly refurbished copies - which could have been filmed last week, let alone over a quarter of a century ago!
Obvious love and attention has gone into all three volumes and whilst brief the extras are worth a look too. Be prepared for nifty animated menus and a fantastic "this disc" parody of the "this episode" title cards.
If I could I would give these discs - Carlton's best yet - six stars!Buy these discs immediately!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Sep 2013 05:31:06 BDT
Mr. A. Beer says:
why is series one 25 quid and series two ....200 quid !!! # i love the show but please 8 times more expensive amazon drop the price to 25 quid and i will order a copy but there is no way i am paying 200 pounds for a boxed set .

Posted on 13 Feb 2014 23:28:44 GMT
JMK says:
There is no way I am paying the grossly inflated price that is being asked for season two.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2014 01:32:41 GMT
Mr. A. Beer says:
a little tip for you .watch them free on youtube ,I have virgin and the TiVo box lets you watch youtube on your tv or you could just watch series 2 or one on your laptop there is no way I am willing to pay 200 quid too its madness and greed !!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Feb 2014 15:30:17 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Feb 2014 15:32:13 GMT
JMK says:
Well I solved it shortly after making that post. The full quality series two has cost me £10.99. I have downloaded all of the episodes via itunes onto my iPad and main computer. I'm now in the process of making my backup copy onto DVDs. The idiots charging that ridiculous money have lost a sale at a realistic price.

I should add, I do not believe that all those people posting a review actually paid the ridiculous price being presently asked.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2014 10:39:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Feb 2014 10:40:09 GMT
would you be willing
to burn me off copies and send them to me flor a reasonable price ?? if so we will finish this conversation via email [private ] thanks
anthony beer

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2014 16:41:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm sorry but no i can't do that.

Regards...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2014 18:37:58 GMT
Mr. A. Beer says:
no problem .if you don't ask !! I will sort something out myself .thanks for getting back to me
tony
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (59 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £94.99