2.0 out of 5 stars Quality issues are DEFINITELY a concern, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who Scarf - Official BBC Doctor Who Scarf - Fourth Doctor Scarf Full Size by Lovarzi (Apparel)
The scarf is beautiful and soft as angel hair. The problem is that I ordered this scarf and NONE of the color transitions were tied off. Within a week most of the colors were beginning to separate. Lovarzis customer service has been very nice. They say when I send back the old scarf they will refund all my money including shipping or give me a new one. Well, I already ordered another.

What happened? There was a transition on the second scarf that wasn't tied off straight out of the package. If I didn't live in the US it might not be so bad, as shipping is both expensive and slow. Nevertheless I do and it is. I am sincerely hoping they can make this right and I can change this review. Two consecutive faulty scarves does not bode well though.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Dec 2012 23:19:06 GMT
Lovarzi says:
We are sorry to hear about this. But just so that we can clarify, none of ends where stripe transition happens have been tied in a knot because it won't look good on reverse side. Instead where one stripe ends and other starts we use about 2 Cms loose yarn and then put both ends back into scarf (so that it don't come apart from edges). It should not open up in normal use. We can accept that first scarf may be a defective one. But after your message, we manually checked the second scarf we sent to you to make sure it don't have any damaged edges. The scarf we sent you, we even stretched length wise to check stripe edges do hold up. The best we can do is if you send both scarves back as they are and we offer you full refund plus return postage. Hope you will be happy with that.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2012 03:13:56 GMT
deadboy says:
I don't want a refund. I just want the scarf. And I understand it's not technically a knot. That being said there are many color transitions that are tied/twisted/whatever and one where there is a frayed bit of yarn in no way linked to anything. I even sent you pictures of it straight out of the package.

After the issue with the first one pulled apart in less than a week of nothing more rugged than wrapping it around my neck a couple times a day I thought it best to inspect each transition. On the second one I could clearly see that each place the colors joined there was a section of approx. 1cm of yarn from each color was intertwined. Only one place lacked this and you could see in the pictures I sent you that one of the color transitions was just hanging free.

This was straight from the package not having ever been worn. I realize it's quite a long scarf. Maybe your inspector just missed that one. The dangling bit was too short to have ever been tied. Please. I just want a scarf!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›