5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - Highly recommended!, 18 Dec 2006
This review is from: The A-Z of Cool Computer Games (Hardcover)
This book is EXCELLENT - It also has the one ingredient missing from some of the other efforts - a dash of (sometimes very funny as well as nostalgia-inducing) humour!

I found myself identifying with a LOT of the reminiscences in the book, and it's written in a friendly, down-to-earth way - A real nostalgia trip, and I would THOROUGHLY recommend it to anyone else who was around in the 'Golden Age' that all of us Eighties retro-heads all loved...

PS - Let me know ASAP when Jack's written another book - I've sadly finished reading this now, but it was like meeting up and chatting about the "good ol' days" with a like-minded friend - very entertaining, nostalgic, and thought-provoking...

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2012 14:22:24 GMT
Just to add that I've since found that re-visiting Jack's book a couple more times since my initial review has only more thoroughly cemented my opinion of this fantastic, entertaining, mainly UK gaming culture based read!

There are very few books that you can re-read with just as much enjoyment the 2nd, 3rd, or even (as in my case!) the 4th or fifth time around since purchasing it years ago, and I therefore further urge anyone even half-inclined, to snap a copy up to see for themselves, as most sellers here seem to be selling it at a ridiculously low price! - I bought mine for 12.95 (I think!), and loved it even at full price.

In short - Take my advice:- Buy this, Read it once, love it, put it back on your bookshelf, leave a few months so it's fuzzy in your memory, take it back down and... ...re-acquaint yourself/enjoy it again! - Repeat as often as the urge takes you... :)

...and no... I'm not related to the author, but I DO identify with him - great writing/humour!... :)

Den.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (5 customer reviews)

12.99 8.05