5.0 out of 5 stars Result !!, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: VonShef Professional Fully Automatic Ice Cream Maker With Built-in Compressor, 1.5L Capacity, LCD display and 60 minute timer. No Pre-Freezing required (Kitchen & Home)
My other half is dairy intolerant and after another trip to the cinema complete with wistful looks at the Ben and Jerrys counter, combined with a couple of recent desperate searches for Swedish Glace fresh in my mind, it was time to do it ourselves.

I did some reading and sticking a container in the freezer for hours beforehand seemed to take the fun out of it so I started looking at those with built in compressors.

After getting over the shock of the cost, I came across this model (£100 !) and thought, that will do, especially as there seemed to be plenty of negatives about far more expensive models. In the time between ordering and it arriving, I managed get rather stressy about never having heard of this brand, even when I got it out the box and it had a different brand of which I couldn't find reviews about either.....

Proofs in the pudding they say - I knocked up one dairy free ice cream and one low sugar one for me this weekend, both with their own challenges, none of which has to do with the machine. We ate a lot of ice cream last night........it was fab.

The machine is easy to use and surprisingly quiet, fits on the work-surface nicely (good bye blender). I thought it might be one of those foot spa / bread maker disaster purchases but lo and behold, I am planning next weekends batch.

Not regretting it at all.

[Add comment]