5.0 out of 5 stars Its a TABLET!, 14 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cube U30GT - 10.1 inch HD (1280*800) IPS display 1.6GHz dual core CPU quad core GPU RK3066 android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich tablet bluetooth, wifi,1GB DDR3 16GB storage, new google play store, flash player installed (Personal Computers)
Where to start. Its a tablet. What can I expect from a tablet? What do I want of a tablet?

I got this unit to A. Show pics on a loop for demo of my cakes. and B. view footage on the way to and from work.

Can it store my films and you tubes and play them back, like all tablets do? Yup. But the quality of the film is shown up on this unit. On my phone I can watch lots of films. But the quality is perfect on the phone (Samsung galaxy S). When films are played on this unit I am only now seeing the poor quality of the movie. I will have to download things on a higher setting or it will be shown up by this unit. When I have down-loaded a 1080p you tube, I get briliant footage.
One letdown however is the lack of a colour toggle. I will have to look for a video colour corrector in the apps market for one, or do it on the pc before I place the footage on the unit. By the way, I dont download on the unit, other than some pics and PDFs. Leave the donky work for the home pc.

Photos look vivid and crisp. It has a montage ability but no time function on it. If you play a track before setting up the montage, it will play at the same time. Vids too.

Sound via the speaker is crap. Nuf said.
Sound via the headphones are as good as any electronic device. Some are better than others. On my headphones to my ears, this unit is as good as an ipod, but without the jog-wheel. In fact, this unit is better than an ipod and is on par with my phone's, but with out the variety of surround options. This unit has miriad pre-set equaliser settings and a 3D and base setting. All make for a good sounding unit...via headphones. So a recomendation would be to use the blu-tooth settings and use a blu-tooth head set or speaker.

So far, for my real needs, this unit can do it. It can play a photo montage to music. It can play a movie or youtube etc to music.

I understand that some folk are worried about the charger unit. Question? Is the Chinese charger safe? Answer; Dunno. But I got this unit from a UK dealer, and they would be pretty thick to supply a non Euro-standard plug and charger. So I am going to err on the side of caution and ask them over the phone. But I am not worried still.

The unit recognises all of my SD cards. I dont have a 64gb. I have a 1, a 2, an 8, a 16, and a 32gb. I here on these reviews that it recognises a 64. Read the other reviews to seek answers there.
This unit seems to be a 32gb. Looking at the internal storage, it has 28.58gb. Effectivly (doing the maths) a 32gb. With my 32 or a 64 card, what more can one want?

Quicker now. WiFi works fine using a Virgin unit (UK) All downloads are no faster or slower than my phone WiFi.

Unit has installed all the other junk that one expects it to; like my you tube account, my skype, my Gmail, my yahoo, my app store etc. No issues at all. I instantly downloaded Angry birds starwars, and temple-run. All fine there too.

One other thing I will use this unit for would be PDFs. I just downloaded a few that mean things to me, and all work brilliantly on Adobe Reader (I think I downloaded it last night?) The screen is fast, responsive and accesable (in that I mean that all the highlight and other functions available on a PDF are there.

As I type the review, I am testing the unit. It is smoother, faster and intuative enough to not worry about it being clunky (which it isnt). The keypad is faultless too.
I have not tested it on my HD telly via the HD cable (seperate purchase). Anyone done that yet?

All in all, what I dont like of this unit is the lack of decent sound via the speaker. This sucks. Realy, it is so sucky, that I could use it to climb a tower block by having it suck on the windows. Sooooo bad. But; I let that slide, as the rest is worth it for the price. I will get a speaker. I will spend £20 max. It would be worth it.

I will get a cover for it, any recommendations?

Tom.