4 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Sell Camels? Buy Silks? Trade Leather? Wait... no, I wanted that!!!,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Gameworks Jaipur Card Game (Toy)
A great 2 player card game of trading as you try to out-buy and out-sell your opponent, to earn the favour of the local Maharajah!
Players must manage their goods (max.7) whilst looking to acquire and sell at the best prices. Sell quick for higher rates, or wait to see if you can get more of your goods, to earn extra bonuses? (Hoping your opponent won't flood the local market first - or leave you with too many camels!)
- Nice theme, well executed. Selling early gets you more cash, selling later gets you a worse price for your goods
- Beautiful artwork - colours and art give a rich, lavish feel to the game, as do the tokens
- Fun and simple to learn, but strategic depth comes as players get a feel for the game
- Lots of "Nooooo!" moments - as your opponent swipes the goods you were hoping to buy next!!! Curse them!
- Quick to play - we often play again straight away
- setting up / tidying up counters afterwards a bit fiddly
We got this after spending loads of time playing "Lost Cities," by R.Knizia. We thoroughly enjoy both games, but Jaipur probably gives us slightly more depth. Depends on our mood which one we play.
Definitely worth getting.