4.0 out of 5 stars Older gamer review, 12 Aug 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3) (Video Game)
OK, I am 34, so probably older than a lot of people playing this game, though surely not the oldest!

First off, I do not have time to sit down and play a game for hours on end. I have maybe a couple of hours during the week and maybe a few hours at the weekend if I'm lucky.

On that basis, I have to say Bad Company is an ideal game. It is great fun, the individual missions are nicely broken up with automatic saves at key points, it has fast load times, the humour actually works, the graphics are very good (although some screen tearing does spoil it) and the sound, the sound is amazing.

I have a surround sound hifi separates 5.1 system. Bad Company sounds AWESOME. When I let off a grenade inside a building, BOOM. I had the doors shaking the last time I played!

As I already mentioned the missions are nicely broken up with saves. I find this very important given my limited playtime available. More than that however I have never found it frustrating to die and then restart a particular bit. I actually look forward to going back in and blowing stuff up. This contrasts with GTA4 where I get really sick and tired of having to start a 40 minute mission all over again (and having to buy guns and flak jackets beforehand etc). Restarting a mission in GTA4 is a chore, restarting a mission in Bad Company is immediate and painless. Maybe not a fair comparison given the games are so different, but there it is.

I am very happy I made this impulse buy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Dec 2008 17:17:03 GMT
Lol I love this: "I don't think my neighbours like me anymore. They have not complained. It might be something to do with the extremely loud gunfire." Made me giggle. Thanks for the review. I'm an indecisive shopper and I'm thinking I might buy this is a prezzie for someone...

Posted on 9 Dec 2008 19:47:12 GMT
JC MA Conway says:
You're not the oldest!! lol

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2009 11:34:50 BDT
The Old Git says:
I am 50,and still an avid gamer.

Posted on 22 Apr 2009 13:58:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 22 Apr 2009 14:01:05 BDT
D. Williams says:
I'm also 34 and my neighbours have complained! Totally agree with all of the above - the graphics and sound are stunning and it's hugely entertaining and rewarding on single and multiplayer alike. The game has actually induced that momentary feeling of stark terror in the pit of my stomache when I've accidentally driven an armoured car or humvee off a cliff at high speed and gone tumbling down a steep hill - you really do get that immersed in it. Helicopter gunships are also endless fun. There really is no excuse for next gen games to look poor or play badly when you see stuff like this - I am very hard to please but this ticks just about all my boxes.

Posted on 20 Aug 2009 18:13:06 BDT
Just started playing this and I'll be 54 in November...do I get the prize ??....

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2009 17:17:41 GMT
GeeJayBee says:
Nope, I was 54 in September :)

Have XBox 360 and love Halo and GOW franchises, but just got PS3 as well to play Killzone and Resistance. Also On-line is free and I'm too tight to pay for XBL :)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2012 13:27:27 GMT
Netlagged says:
I'm so glad to read there are 'older' gamers out there! I'm in my mid thirties and love to play Battlefield and Battlefield 2 online on the ps3. Its great working as a team with strangers :-) Keep it up everyone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (58 customer reviews)

19.99 5.20