4.0 out of 5 stars Could you survive a zombie apocalypse?, 13 May 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Walking Dead (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Although I have not watched the TV series, and only read a few of the comics the story is based on, I really like the fact that the game is done with a graphic novel / comic style. The game does state that the decisions you make have an influence on the out come, and they are not wrong there. If you have to save someones life, but the are too many people, who do you save? and how will this change strangers views about you? I would highly recommend this game, if you like that it adapts to your choices, but do not buy it if you're looking for action because you won't find much here.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 May 2013 22:37:41 BDT
This might be off-topic, but does this version come with any form of DRM/Activation?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2013 23:29:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jul 2013 17:41:13 BDT
scarecrow says:
Not that I am aware of, although I should warn you that I am very untechnically minded.
All I can say is that the game does not feature on Reclaim Your Game's list of games known to contain DRM.
I know a lot of people downloaded the episodes individually as they were released via steam.
I installed it from the disc this afternoon and it seemed pretty straightforward. There was no activation code. The case does not indicate that you need an internet connection to validate or play. I basically slapped the disc into the drive, clicked setup.exe and the only things it asked me to confirm were 1) language 2) location to be installed 3) scan to ensure up to date version of direct X.
I've not actually started playing it yet, I just configured the set up options and then let it run for a couple of minutes just to ensure it was working properly.
Hope this helps.
P.S. Those who are unhappy that the default key settings cannot be altered may be interested to know that you can also use the arrow keys for movement which is the way I always play.
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Anyone who owns a retail version of this game on disc and who wishes to purchase the 400 Days expansion downloadable content needs to e-mail support@telltalegames.com and ask them for a redemption form.
When you get the form you need to fill it in and e-mail it back to them together with proof of purchase and pictures of the case, disc and manual. So you will need either a digital camera or a scanner.
When they get all this if it all checks out they will send you a security code to enable you to download the original game from Steam. Once you have done this you will then be able to purchase 400 Days from Steam as well.
The reason you have to go through all this rigmarole is because if you just try adding the retail version to your Steam games library it will not recognise it as a Steam game and will therefore not allow you to buy 400 Days.
Good Luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jun 2013 20:19:10 BDT
Wow, that's fantastic!!!
Thank you very much for the information.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2013 16:29:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jul 2013 16:29:46 BDT
Thank you scarecrow, having completed the game yesterday and being made aware of the new DLC that has just been released, I was worried I would have to buy the whole lot again via Steam! Am just awaiting a reply now, hopefully it will work. Their website was very unhelpful so I really pleased you've posted this!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2013 18:43:32 BDT
scarecrow says:
Glad to have been of help.
There is a thread about it somewhere on the telltale site walking dead forum but I think it's got lost amongst all the others.
When you get the redemption form you need to fill it in and send it back together with proof of purchase, (for which you can use the despatch confirmation e-mail if you got it from Amazon), and photographs of the front and rear of the case, the disc and the back two pages of the user's manual onto which you have to write the ticket ID number that they give you.
One thing to note; their system cannot handle e-mails containing more than one attachment, so you need to put all the images in one folder, zip it and attach that.
I originally attached them all individually which obviously delayed it.
In my experience they usually take about 4 days to respond.
Although I've now got 400 Days on my system I haven't played it yet because I'm in the middle of playing Dead Island Riptide at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 21:05:52 BDT
It worked! They have just sent me the code and I am downloading it on Steam now! Very quick turnaround too. I just emailed them a pdf 'print' of my order summary from Amazon (as well as the photo and the completed form as described) and they got back to me within a few days. I do wonder if installing the Steam version will cause me to lose my previous saved game?? Guess I will find out. Thanks for your help and hopefully others like me who prefer a physical copy won't be put off now by not having the instant access to the DLC that you would get with Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2013 22:51:12 BDT
scarecrow says:
If you uninstall the retail version a dialogue box pops up asking if you want to keep your saves. Providing you select yes, then if you subsequently download the steam version, they get carried over automatically.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›