5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Tablet PC, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.2, WIFI, MIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS WITH CAM
Something must be really good for me to break my silence, and here it is.Forget all the hype you keep hearing about this tablet and that tablet,just buy this and enjoy,in the knowledge that it will do almost everything for a third of the price.After you have added this to your basket don`t forget to add the case which has a built in keyboard and stand,it`s the perfect way to protect your tablet.Research is what i do when buying an item,value for money etc and that`s exactly what this tablet gives you without scrimping on quality and features.It looks good,it feels good and performs extremely well.Easy to use and setup the internet,two minutes at the most,two micro sd slots,two standard USB ports and an ethernet port for network or a wired internet connection.The quality of the screen is excellent too and very responsive,there`s also a camera and microphone incorporated.The tablet has a 44 page manual which for the novice to the expert is easy to follow.Although i have said that it is packed with features,which it is,the one thing that stood out for me is the E-Book Reader only because i have alot of books and i was thinking of buying an E-Book Reader,but i`m not now.I loaded 35 of my books onto it for a start and i love it,i`ve just saved myself about hundred pounds as well by not buying an E-Book Reader.Now that`s what i call value for money.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Mar 2011 20:32:51 BDT
Dear MIJ, the idea of using a dongle with a tablet feels unnatural if not cumbersome, so can you please shed some light and tell us about the availability of 3G connection on this tablet, it says it has a 3G(MIFI) but what does that mean? Does it have a build-in MIFI or something? Does it have a slot for a sim-card? Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Mar 2011 08:10:32 BDT
MIJ1701 says:
Hi, you ask some interesting questions that to be honest wasn`t something that i intended to use on this tablet when i purchased it, i have it connecting to my BT home hub by a wireless connection and it`s fine, but there is an ethernet port if you want to use a wired connection to your hub. I`m not really a tech person, however the manual quotes for 3G that you would have to purchase a 3G wireless internet access card from `China Telecom`which fits into a 3G network adapter which you would then insert that into the USB port, the light for 3G will them illuminate for internet access. As for MIFI, you probably know that it`s intelligent mobile hotspots but i cannot find any reference to it in the manual so i cannot comment. There is no slot for a simm card, sorry. As i said i`m not a tech person, i wanted a tablet that had good reviews,value for money and had the features that suits me and for me it`s perfect i`m really pleased with it. I could have paid over a hundred pounds just for an e-book reader. I`m sorry i couldn`t be of more help.

Posted on 27 Apr 2011 20:49:05 BDT
I am trying to find out if this device runs DRM files, which allow ebooks in copyright to be bought from Waterstones, WH Smiths, Borders and others. I normally do this via Adobe DIgital Editions, can you tell me if you have downloaded any new books that are still in copyright and whether you have used Adobe Digital Editions?

Geoff Parker

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2011 08:17:47 BDT
MIJ1701 says:
Hi Geoff, i enquired just before i purchased this Tablet PC where to download books and was given this site to try, http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page there is over 33,000 books in many formats, there may be some to suit you. I have downloaded quite a few for myself `epub`format and have been impressed with what i have so far. As to DRM files and the Adobe Digital Edtions i haven`t looked into that, it`s not something that i am familiar with, as i said in my earlier post i`m not a tech person i try to keep things as simple as possible. There is also the choice of purchasing the books that you require and then converting them to a different format, i`ve had to do this for my partner, her Tablet PC will not read `epub`. I wish i could be of more help. Martin.

Posted on 23 May 2011 13:49:36 BDT
Ms W. Berry says:
Dear MIJ could you tell me what the battery life is like please

In reply to an earlier post on 23 May 2011 15:56:49 BDT
MIJ1701 says:
Hi, i`m not a heavy user and use this tablet just in the evenings for about an hour each evening reading a book or maybe surfing the net. On average i would probably put it on charge Monday and then again on Thursday, but that would last to the following Tuesday. If you were to watch a movie etc you would surely have to charge it more often, i cannot be sure how often because i have no movies installed or music, just books at the moment i`m afraid. I hope this helps. Martin.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2011 13:28:22 BDT
N. Baum says:
Hi MIJ,
I'm looking at reasonably priced tablet PC's myself and this looks just about what I need. Could you please take the time to answer a cuple of questions for me?
1. Will this unit handle flashplayer for viewing Youtube videos etc?
2. Does the system run Adobe Reader 9 or higher for documents?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2011 16:54:12 BDT
MIJ1701 says:
Hi, This Tablet has Youtube as one of the tabs on the home page, i`ve just tried and it does work.
However as for Adobe Reader i do not know, i`ve not needed it so have not tried to download it and set it up.
It has `wowReader`installed which what i use for reading books.
I hope this helps you in choosing.

Posted on 29 Sep 2011 08:11:33 BDT
bren says:
Hi
I find this info really helpful but I have a question. Can games be easily downloaded - such as these mystery games with hidden objects etc as my husband is addicted to the games on my iPad but as he only uses it for games thought this would be a great Bday preset for him

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2011 21:24:08 BDT
MIJ1701 says:
Hi, I wish i could help you reguarding the mystery games etc,but not being a gamer myself i haven`t any so i couldn`t say. I would imagine you could download games OK but I have almost filled up my tablet with books and music which is what i mainly purchased this for, so i wouldn`t have the space to install them. There are two SD slots for extra storage but at the moment i haven`t an SD card to try it out, maybe an e-mail to the supplier might help.
Regards,Martin.