1,188 of 1,207 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Creative EP-630 Earphones, 18 July 2006
This review is from: Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black) (Electronics)
I thought I'd add my tuppence worth as I've owned my EP-630 earpohnes for well over a year now and am still extremely pleased with them. I've not had any problems with them and would strongly recommend them to anyone.

Pros:

-They block out background noise almost completely so they are ideal for use on public transport.

-They don't leak any sound, so when you're using them the rest of the world doesn't have to suffer your abysmal taste in music.

-The sound quality is excellent. Not only can the earphones handle very high volumes without distorting, they also produce a very full bass sound.

-The earbuds are surprisingly comfortable once you get used to them and they won't randomly fall out.

-They're a very reasonable price.

Cons:

-Hmmmm... Well, I guess the wire is bit long, which can very occasionally be a nuisance.

-I wouldn't wear them while eating crisps. They amplify the crunching sounds in your head alarmingly.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Nov 2009 12:58:58 GMT
Jacob Lyons says:
Hey, my music taste isn't that bad, is it? :D
Also I'm so glad someone else noticed the crisps thing

Posted on 20 Feb 2010 09:48:33 GMT
R. Agg says:
Woke up a bit depressed this morning -- the thought of "amplified crunching crisps" made me laugh like a drain - thanks for that! Going to order these phones right now just to experience the experience for real! P.S. Do Smoky Bacon sound different to Roast Chicken?!

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 11:14:32 BDT
So good to get comments on products from folks with a sense of humour, thanks people.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 16:01:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jul 2010 21:31:19 BDT
If you like bass a lot buy these. If you like treble and mid range as well look elsewhere. They were so cheap, and had such reasonable reviews, I thought I'd give them a try. I won't make that mistake again. If T3 (or similar) don't rate them then don't buy them!!!! Mike Pinchen.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2010 15:34:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Feb 2011 14:34:47 GMT
Well, each to their own I suppose. I listen to lots of bass heavy music, but I've always found that more trebly stuff sounds good on these earphones as well.

While I'm here, I also thought it would be good to say thanks to everyone who made the effort to comment on my review. What a sociable bunch you are!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2010 20:51:33 BDT
You might like to try the Sennheiser CX300 II. These are the best I've tried so far (they arrived a few days after the others) and are very reasonably priced.Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision Noise-Isolating Ear-Canal Phones - Black (Eco Packaging)

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2011 23:20:23 GMT
The sennheisers are good but wildly over-rated. I use sony acoustic in ear, not the plug in's but the older in ear ones and the bass,treble response is superb for the money. I didnt find the seenheisers much different in quality.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2011 12:40:33 GMT
Well, when and if my EP-630s finally pack up I think I'll probably just buy another pair. No offence intended. Also, as a minor update to my original review I take back my comments about the long wire on these earphones - it turns out to be exactly the right length to plug into a headphone amp on an electric guitar. Handy eh?

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 20:26:20 BDT
Hahaha "I wouldn't wear them while eating crisps. They amplify the crunching sounds in your head alarmingly.", this made me laugh in real life quite loudly. This review pretty much sold it for me. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2011 10:53:20 BDT
Dodong says:
Hi! When you do buy another pair beware not to buy from wiggly worm. I too have an older pair which I bought in March 2009 and are still going strong, so good are they that I ordered another on in October last year just in case I lose the other ones. Both were bought from Indigostarfish. A month ago I ordered another pair (that's how impressed I am with them, others may say I am easily pleased) this time from wiggly worm and they are absolute rubbish. I've emailed them through amazon and awaiting reply. So please beware where you order your next pair.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (2,392 customer reviews)
 (1,236)