18 of 18 people found the following review helpful
Insanity just got more Insane!,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Beachbody Insanity The Asylum 30 Day Sports Training DVD Programme (with Agility Ladder and Speed Rope) - Multicoloured (Sports)
After completing Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme. I wanted another piece of the Insanity cake, like many others.
What is difference between The Asylum and Insanity you may ask?
(1) Its more sports specific - use of agility ladder, skipping rope etc.
(2) ITS HARDER & CRAZIER & ON ANOTHER LEVEL!
(3) Use of more equipment rather than just using yourself as resistance
(4) Fewer breaks & SHAUN T is even meaner!
(5) Asylum requires more space, I completed Asylum in a converted double-garage dance studio and I had little room to spare. So, if you just had enough room to complete Insanity, like my small university room, I could of never have completed Asylum at University! For example, you need a decent sized living room, move the couches for all I care to get enough room!
Is Insanity: The Asylum for you may ask?
(1) If you want to get into the BEST (Yes, BEST, even after Insanity body transformation) shape of your life then this for you!
(2) Asylum is harder than Insanity! I can usually complete an Insanity workout with maybe a couple breaks (5-10 seconds) on top of the breaks provided and I found Asylum ridiculously hard (I'm pretty fit person, but not as fit as SHAUN T!) So if you can barely complete an Insanity workout, do another round of Insanity before you feel confident enough to step up.
(3) If you want to be a better Athlete and want a challenge before or during your season, then this is for you! My balance, speed, strength, agility and most of all stamina improved and I saw these changes in my performances in swimming, golf and cricket!
(4) NO - if you have little room and can not for the life of you get extra space. I would say you need a decent sized living room to complete The Asylum unlike Insanity
- workouts dedicated to agility and strength
- Sports specific
- Its fun and challenging
- Will get you in best shape of your life!
- Its more Insane than Insanity
- Use of equipment with Insanity elements
- Cost of equipment (Speed rope and agility ladder is provided, however, dumbbells ranging from 1kg-20kg, resistance bands and pull up bar is recommended to get most out of the workouts)
- Need for more room compared to Insanity
- One of the workouts called Gameday is a letdown on this DVD, its similar to sports specific training on Insanity but worse, you do get a good workout but it drags on too long and crosses over too many sports.
I WANT THIS WORKOUT, but what equipment do I need?
Speed rope and Agility ladder is provided. However, I bought my own resistance bands from Argos which was just under £10 (3 bands from low to high resistance), I already had dumbbells ranging from 5kg-20kg which are recommended for strength workout (but you can use the resistance bands instead of dumbbells for strength workout but that's not my cup of tea) and a pull up bar which isn't required, Shaun T uses a converter exercise for people who don't have one, but is recommended and next time I do Asylum I will buy one and use it to get the full potential out of this workout!