5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little device, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Plantronics M25 Universal Bluetooth Headset - Black (Accessory)
I've always thought that walking around with a Bluetooth earpiece in your lughole tended to make you look like a geeky tosspot or a taxi driver and I still do. However, I take the dog for a one hour walk every day and sometimes my son calls up for a chat. After 20-30 mins of holding the phone to my ear my arm's got cramp and gone dead and my hand is freezing, so I wondered if the aforementioned enthusiasts for these things might actually have a point and I've come to the conclusion that they do, thanks to this little marvel.

It pairs easily to your phone and tucks pretty unobtrusively into your ear. Switch it on and Carrie from Homeland murmurs in your shell-like how much talk time you've got left on the current charge (up to 11hrs!) and that you're connected to your phone. If the headset goes out of range of your phone, which is quite easily done as the signal is very tiny indeed, then it will go into deep sleep and the charge can last for many months, apparently. If it does do this it can be woken up just by pressing the single button you use for answering and hanging up calls.

Tucked into your ear the headset is comfortable and doesn't block out ambient sound. There's a removable over-ear clip if you want extra security for activities like jogging, but it's not a bad idea to use it anyway, as it might fall out and you wouldn't even notice it had gone. A little silicone loop tucks into the whorl of your ear otherwise and holds the headset (earpiece?) in place pretty well on its own.

The M55 version does offer voice control and dialling for another tenner or so, but it's no big deal to get the phone out to dial a number, bearing in mind that most of the time you will be using the headset to answer calls, not make them.

The physical on/off switch is reassuringly positive and the only other button is the volume control, which just cycles up and down through the volume scale with each push.

I've had quite a few Plantronics products and they never disappoint and this one is no exception. Battery isn't replaceable but you will probably lose the headset before the battery dies, it's so tiny. Voice quality is excellent, wind noise attenuation seems to work well and the person at the other end has no problem hearing me. Highly recommended. Great delivery service from Amazon as well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jul 2014 12:53:07 BDT
John says:
Great review. I totally agree with your opening comment. I have just ordered one of these as my first Bluetooth headset. I have put off buying one before as I am worried that it will make me look like an idiot, but I drive a lot in my work and often need to be able to answer the phone without the risk of getting a fine and/or points on my license. I have already earned the nickname "Captain Scarlet" at work, cos I always wear a black bump cap. When my workmates first see this thing in my ear as well, they are going to wet themselves. Oh well, I really hope that this device is worth it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (201 customer reviews)

£24.99 £20.90