5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Nokia Lumia 720 Sim Free Windows Smartphone - Black (Electronics)
I used to be an iPhone user having had the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. However, I was sick of paying stupid amounts of money for a phone. They are great, but just not worth the money, in my opinion.

I have never gotten along with the Android OS so I thought I'd look at Windows Phones and I don't regret it. I loved the look of this phone online and it has not disappointed in reality. It's very slim, lightweight and good to look at.

The OS is so simple to use and once you have your Microsoft account set up you can download plenty of apps and games to it. Most of the popular ones are available now. I love the tiles on the home screen. Quite a simple idea but very effective and you can personalise your phone to display whatever is important to you. Simply swipe left and you can access all apps installed on the phone, in a simple alphabetical list. It can't get any simpler. The phone has a great camera. Despite only being 6 Megapixel, it takes excellent and clear pictures. The screen, despite being a mid range resolution, is very clear, vibrant and easy to see / read.

What stands out the most is the battery life. It lasts me three days of light use (30 mins to 1 hour of calls, several texts, accessing emails several times, checking Facebook and Twitter, listening to music plus playing games for 20 mins or so). I'd guess medium use would give you a couple of days and heavy users should get a full day without worry. It has a battery saver feature that switches off certain features to extend the battery life too.

I really can't recommend the phone enough. It's really nice and very easy to use, I'm delighted with it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jul 2013 23:16:35 BDT
RSilver says:
That's great to hear. You sound like me with nearly everything you said in your review. I'm a very light User and all of the apps I use on my 4 year old 3GS is on Windows Phone too. As you said, the iPhone really is expensive when you consider buying them yearly. I plan to buy a new phone soon and make it last another 4 years or so. The 720 may just be that phone but I'm going to wait a few months before deciding. The "budget" iphone is supposed to come out along with the New Motorola X Phone where both have caught my attention.

Posted on 10 Oct 2013 22:49:44 BDT
Paul222 says:

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2013 23:06:18 BDT
A. Croft says:
Normally I wouldn't reply to a self involved idiot like you Paul222 but after the week I've had I thought what the hell....

My iPhone was costing £45 a month including insurance but I was able to return it due to signal problems with a naff network that shall remain nameless. My Lumia 720 costs £19 a month, including insurance and has twice the minutes and texts plus ample data allowance. A far better deal (for me) than the iPhone tariff I was on.

Just thought I would enlighten you to that rather uninteresting fact so you won't automatically assume a genuine reviewer is stupid in the future. Not that I really care what you think, but there you go.

Night night! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (70 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £110.90