3.0 out of 5 stars If nothing else then open your mind, 23 Nov. 2007
This review is from: The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: v. 1 (Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life) (Paperback)
I read this book with the intention to get an introduction into sacred geometry but once I got past the maths of how so many things in life are ratioed I got pretty bored with that as I'm not so good at grasping 'shape' concepts in my mind, I'm better off with the shapes in my hand.
However, that did not detract from the interest that I had in the book. So many fascinating theories are put forward, some tying up with ancient Egyptian culture and some just new 'out there' stuff, an truly eclectic mixture that shakes your mind. In fact I found that if I allowed myself the possibility that there was a truth in everything, as I so often find in life, then this book helped to open the mind and stretch the 'same old, same old' perspective.
There are more than enough books already out there that will tell you how things are in relation to the way that you view the world, this book gives you a snapshot from a totally different perspective but it's the same world. Remember the parable of the blind men and the elephant!
The book is diverse and entertaining enough to be read just for the sheer 'why not' factor and I would recommend that you do that, then see what rings true with you, no matter how far out it may be. And if the book just makes you very angry...explore why that is too!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Mar 2011 08:21:48 BDT
Darek says:
I would add: but having in mind the author could have gone sometimes too far...

In brief my opinion is it's good book for those who don't have much idea on the subjects - then it could be quite entertaining, maybe beyond the topics on the geometry, which are entertainable rather for technical minds (but still give some overview). However, book is kind of chaotic, all-and-nothing in one, giving little this little that, giving "idea"-informations which maybe are true maybe not (probably being in intention of the author kind of "insightful", but in my opinion, not necesserily), trying to connect them somehow, but eventually you are left with an impression of having no general, ultimate conclusion at all.

Three stars for the whole book is rather proper rate, mainly for wealthy (but not necesserily correct, as the author sometimes doesn't take the effort of checking everything - and sometimes it's too obvious) of informations placed in one.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2012 14:44:28 GMT
Very interesting and thought provoking. In my mind Drunvalo is way ahead of the game and time will shortly confirm just how advanced his abilities are. Scientists are just discovering the importance of sacred geometry. The Egyptians , Mayans, Chinese,Aboriginals and everyone in between have this Sacred symbol chiselled into their ancient wall carvings, stone statues etc.They understood it very well.It is even in the Rosslyn Chapel...why is that????
For me The Flower of Life contains the keys to understanding other dimensions and levels of consciousness. Drunvalo recommends you start to draw the shapes to learn more.I have started doing this and become more aware of the ancient wisdom contained within. If you are working with Energy/interested in expanding your awareness, I highly recommend you buy the book and see for yourself where it takes you . It is a complex subject. Drunvalo has touched on the what he felt would help people the most to start their own journey of exploration. The more you explore and draw the Flower of Life and meditate on it , the more your mind will expand. I have volume 2 and couldn't get into it because I didn't understand it and I hadn't drawn my own geometric shapes.The book was put away for over a year. More recently I was drawn to the book again, having received guidance to draw the Flower of Life. I started drawing, as I mentioned, and now, reading the book again, I understand it. So glad I followed the guidance .If you didn't benefit first time 'round I would advise you go back again, when you feel inclined...you might just start to understand where Drunvalo is coming from.....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›