5.0 out of 5 stars J'adore.., 8 Feb 2007
This review is from: Let Love In (Audio CD)
I guess about now I can count myself as a long time Goo fan.. albeit i've heard segments and portions from both "Dizzy Up The Girl" and "Gutterflower"... never owned the entire album...

I fell in love with the Goos through "Here Is Gone" and it still remains to this day, my all time favourite song, however, as much as I love their sound, all of their older songs, aside from H.I.G were beginning to wear on me after my repetitive listening.. that was until I bought this album.

I am now officially nuts.. this album, since I bought it.. oh who knows when.. i've lost track, there isnt' a day goes by when I don't listen to at least some of the tracks, it's in my car, then I take it out of the car, play it at work, leave work, back in car, out of car, onto computer to listen to in the evening..

Never, ever have I or WILL I tire of listening to this album.

I contradict anybody who states there is a lack of emotional content in this album and question their sense of hearing.. The sound is different from their previous work, it is a lot 'softer' and mature and I for one am LOVING it.. doesn't make this album automatically worse than their previous works. I would actually say it's better in places.. at least in my opinion and musical taste.

The highlight on the album for me are the first 5 tracks, but top is Without You Here.. blows me away every time I hear it.. and the anthemic nature of Better Days would make most people sit back and take stock of their life for a few moments at least.

I am so happy to have finally seen these guys in November 2006, live and only feet away! Utterly, utterly brilliant... the only gripe was they didn't play Without You Here lol.. but I think I can forgive them for that.. just.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]