2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you're in the UK, 7 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Brilliant Book of Baby Names: What's Best, What's Hot and What's Not (Paperback)
No doubt a good selection of names are in this book. Unfortunately it's padded out with complete rubbish. Unless there's a chance you want to call your child Beige or Beelzebub (both of which are listed), get yourself a book with real names for real people.
The 2 authors also see fit to add their own reviews of individual names, some of which are downright insulting and definitely upset my 8 year old daughter when she looked throught the book with me.
As mentioned by another reviewer, it is more suited to an American reading audience, not UK. Unless, of course, you want to risk your child having a seriously hard time at school.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Jun 2010 20:16:10 BDT
I agree. I'm in Ireland but these women have some strange ideas. Eg, Stanley is alright for a girl, because it's cool for a girl (??!!) but too ugly and weird for a boy. WTF!?
My daughter's name is a cow's name apparently! Well, American cows must have nicer names than American children ;-p

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012 22:30:39 BDT
Lol. I love your comment. I had this book when pregnant with my child. I guess yours is named Elsie? I liked that name but didnt choose it because of the cow reference in this book. Shame really, it's a lovely name.

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 15:41:56 BDT
gstar says:
I wish I had checked Amazon before I went to the shop to buy a 'Baby Name' book as I agree with 'Fairynuff's' review. I found this book very unhelpful and full of names I have never heard of before or even likely to use for my newborn. If you are in UK and looking for more traditional/normal names then I would choice another book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (9 customer reviews)

£7.99 £6.39