This review is from: Offshore Geotechnical Engineering: Principles and Practice (Hardcover)I am the Author, and I hope that Amazon and Thomas Telford will get together and provide an ability to read inside the book. I presently operate as a consultant in offshore geotechnical engineering, through companies in the UK and Trinidad.
The book will be of interest to students, engineers, and managers in the offshore energy industry, including people involved with offshore windfarms, offshore island construction, offshore hydrocarbon production, and offshore cables and pipelines. The core design and assessment skills are described for the geotechnical engineering of offshore structures. Practical guidance is provided on the assessment of geohazards and site-specific soils data, and how this is applied to design, installation, maintenance, and eventual de-commissioning. This will assist in
* placing geotechnical engineering in an appropriate project context
* identifying the principal geotechnical issues for offshore developments
* designing a programme of offshore investigations
* carrying out and managing design calculations
* planning for monitoring programmes during installation and service
* locating further information in the technical literature
The book draws on the extensive experience that has been shared by practising offshore geotechnical engineers at the annual OTC conferences and elsewhere. It is believed to be first book to bring this information together in a single place, and is in accordance with latest codes and standards.
(1 customer review)