ARRAY(0xa4d0fc84)

5.0 out of 5 stars Will pay for itself in no time, 6 Jan 2009
This review is from: Intec Wii Fit Balance Board Rechargeable Battery (Wii) (Accessory)
I've had my wii balance board for a while now and not actually had to change the batteries yet but at such a good price I thought I would get this rechargable pack.

It looks well made with good enough plastic not to break when fitting it. Which was good as it did take a bit of a shove to get it in. The reason it that you are really trying to put 4 batteries in at once plus the cover.

The lead to connect it to the Wii (connects to one of the USB ports in the back of the wii) is nice and long (about a metre) which was plently long enough for me to feed it through the TV cabinet, where I keep my wii and down onto the floor where I keep the balance board. I actually charged it up with the board upside down but I think the connection is small enough to let you keep the board the right way up with the plug underneath.

There is a small red light that goes blue when it is charged and this didn't take very long at all. One thing, I did have to switch the wii on for it to charge.

I don't know about how long the charge holds yet as it's still going strong after about 10 hours of use.

All in all, much better than having to buy batteries all the time so worth buying, especially at such a good price.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jan 2009 21:52:28 GMT
Fifi says:
How do you charge the Wii Fit Balance Board Rechargeable batteries? You seem to imply it is via the TV. Is this correct?
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2009 14:47:43 GMT
A. Elliott says:
Hi Fifi, no it plugs in to the back of the wii (one of the USB connections). I just have my wii in the TV cabinet.

Posted on 28 Feb 2009 08:58:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Feb 2009 08:59:33 GMT
Hi
Just bought a wii fit for my daughters 6th birthday and I am going to get a rechargeable pack for it. Does it come with batterys because I recently ordered a rechargeable pack for the remotes which did not come with the batterys. If it does require batterys what size would I need.
Thanks A Walker

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2011 19:47:40 BDT
Mister G says:
I bought a similar product & regretted it because firstly you have to leave the Wii on to charge the batteries, and secondly because the capacity of the batteries isn't great (just 1000 mAh).

I chose the other option for our Wii remotes and wish I had done the same for the balance board - simply buying rechargeable NiMH batteries & a charger. I bought 2000 mAh NiMH batteries from Maplin (their own brand) in a 12-pack - they are cheap and (obviously, as they are 2000 mAh batteries rather than 1000 mAh) they last twice as long between charges. And because I bought a 12-pack, I have spares ready when they run down, and spares for other electronic gizmos. And you can use them in other items - in a torch, for example.

Each to his own - my observations don't make this a bad buy. It's just that there is an alternative and you may prefer it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›