Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
So disappointed. After waiting forever for this sequel I so could have done without reading it. Why? Because there was :
* No plot development - I had to skim to 80 odd % to get clarification of the "big secret" that dragged through two books and a novella. Then it was downplayed and wrapped up so quickly I blinked and it was over.
* No story or character building
* Going round and round in circles over the same things, yawn.
* Misunderstandings and no talking .... All. The. Freaking. Way. Through. The. Freaking. Book! (why do authors do this??)
* A hell of a lot of money for a whole lot of nothing. I started skimming after the first chapter and to be honest all I needed to read was the prologue (to refresh my memory from the first book that I read so long ago I couldn't remember a thing!!) and the last 15% to get the story. The other 80% was just filler and waffle and a whole lot of nothing. And there were several editing issues.
* Publication was delayed and pushed back so many times I really don't even know why I bothered reading this.
So yes I am disappointed and also very angry that I wasted time and money on this, it should have been at the very best a SHORT novella to end things or even better it should have been closed off and done in the first book.