3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi) (Personal Computers)
This is my first foray into the world of tablets, and before splashing out several hundred pounds on something I wasn't sure I would use much, I decided to opt for a more affordable model. When I purchased the Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch, it was on sale for £99 - the same price as the atrociously reviewed Argos own-brand model. I heard very mixed things about the 7-inch Tab 3 (the larger models had slightly better reviews on various consumer websites), but I ordered it mainly due to the price and the lack of truly terrible reviews.

It's a very attractive piece of equipment - it has a solid build and doesn't feel cheap or plastic. The screen resolution is, frankly, disappointing. Perhaps I've been spoilt as I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and therefore I'm used to much higher resolution, but the fact is the screen res is fairly poor. Images lack luster and vibrancy and to read text on websites you end up having to zoom in quite a bit. In terms of apps, you have access to both the Google Play and Samsung's own app stores, so there's a really great selection. The really great thing about this tablet is that you can insert up to 64GB of extra space via the memory card slot, something which no Apple products allow. Storing music, images and even entire movies is therefore no problem for this model.

Where this tablet is really let down is the processor. It's quite slow, it lacks power, it's sometimes unresponsive and it's not really conducive to heavy internet browsing. It's OK for watching movies from the memory card - but it's slow on apps like Youtube, or websites that have embedded videos. If you are looking for a tablet which enables you to easily and seamlessly browse the web, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for a tablet which enables you to watch movies or listen to music, I'd recommend this. It certainly makes the commute more enjoyable.

All in all, I'd say it's definitely worth the price I paid for it, but had I purchased it at the RRP I would have been extremely disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Feb 2014 19:56:54 GMT
TJ - Thanks for all the useful info. I've installed a genuine Samsung 32GB card and formatted it now that the internal 8GB capacity is nearly used up. When I try to download a new app or film, I get the message "insufficient storage available" (or words to that effect), any idea where I'm going wrong? I assumed that 32GB card would take over automatically.

Cheers - Chris Holmes

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2014 21:51:22 GMT
T Jarvis says:
I initially had the same confusion regarding the external memory card, however the external memory card doesn't automatically take over. If you go to settings > my files, you'll be able to see a folder called 'storage' that should have two subfolders, one called 'extSDCard' (or something along those lines) and one called 'sdcard0'. The former is your external memory card. You need to manually select the external memory card as the destination for your downloads - if you're using a Utorrent or something, when you open a torrent file, you can manually select it then.

I'm pretty sure that the device only allows you to store media (i.e. photos, videos and music) on the external memory card, rather than apps.

Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Feb 2014 06:38:27 GMT
Thanks very much for such a swift and helpful reply TJ!

Posted on 19 Mar 2014 18:50:21 GMT
Thomas says:
TJ

Please confirm if it has a sim card slot.Am making a decision to purchase.

Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2014 19:40:31 GMT
T Jarvis says:
Hi Thomas,

This is the Wifi only version; therefore it has no SIM card clot and can only access the internet through Wifi.

Posted on 30 Jul 2014 16:29:55 BDT
Can one print from it? Is there word processing?

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 16:54:46 BDT
I bought one of these from Car Phone Warehouse online for £99 with free delivery. It hooks up to the wifi at home easily, is fine for internet browsing and has been fine for playing videos from sky sports news app and bbc news. I have not had the problems highlighted by this review.

I would liken it to an oversized phone that does not let you make a phone call but that does the other things that modern phones do. The benefit of this model is its portability and it has the advantage over a phone in that it has a larger screen than a phone 7".

I hated touch screen devices before I bought this but this has been really easy to use although you do have to keep clening the screen.

It should be ideal for holidays where free wifi is common place in hotels these days. No fear of inflated roaming charges if you take one of these on holiday and use local free wifi.

Posted on 9 Dec 2014 15:36:14 GMT
Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 7.0 LITE SM-T110N WI-FI 8GB MARVELL 8 GB 1024 MB Android 7 -inch LCD
Received this order today from Amazon only to find all the instructions appear to be in Polish possibly! Has anyone else had this problem? Also do Amazon respond to emails or am I going to have to return the product because I don't know how to use it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (578 customer reviews)

£199.99 £113.99