1.0 out of 5 stars ATTENTION: It's the version without the pen and without digitizer, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 10.1-inch Business Tablet (Black) - (Intel Atom 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 32GB Flash, WLAN, Bluetooth, 2x Camera, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 32-Bit) (Personal Computers)
The whole point for me to buy this tablet was the possibility to use the active stylus. I already owned a galaxy note 10.1 as I do heavy note-taking every day, but I wanted to switch to a windows tablet so that I could use the powerful Microsoft OneNote software.

Nothing in the description could lead me to think that I was buying the version which doesn't support the digitizer. I had to discover it once unpacked. I am of course returning it.

Very approximative job by Amazon. Please correct the description and make it clear that this is the multitouch only version. Interestingly enough, on the american Amazon the Thinkpad 2 description states clearly already in the title whether the object does or does not have a digitizer.

I don't think there was any malicious intention by Amazon, just a very poor job. I hope that other people can avoid suffering from its consequences reading this review.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jun 2014 19:09:09 BDT
singh says:
If you actually read the description you would see that the pen is 'optional' and is only included in the higher end models.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2014 22:51:17 GMT
Giovanni says:
If you actually read my comment, you would see that the problem is not the pen (well, it is as well, but not the main one).
I actually read the description and DIDN'T care much about the absence of the pen. I already had a Wacom pen to use with the tablet, which didn't work because this tablet doesn't have a digitizer, i.e. the piece of hardware which actually reads the pen (I clarify that for other users reading). This being said, the information about the optionality of the pen is quite obfuscated, and in fact even reading carefully the description, I was in doubt about its presence. But I thought that I would just use the one I had, which should in fact have been compatible - if only the tablet was penabled.

The problem here is that there was no digitizer. Meaning that the pen is not "optional", it is useless with this model. You can buy the "optional" pen and then throw it in the bin, because the tablet is not equipped with a digitizer. At least not the one shipped to me, as its serial number, hardware readings from the OS, and its failing to read my Wacom pen all confirmed (of course I wanted to be completely sure, I hoped I was wrong, so I checked everything 10 times).

As I did actually read the description, it seems to need amending, given the absence of this crucial information. And again, the information about the optionality of the pen is quite obfuscated, as well.
It is not hard to make it clearer, so why not doing it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›