5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, do not buy kindle edition......., 5 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet For: Permanent Weight Loss, Optimum Health, Preventing and Reversing Disease, Staying Young at Any Age (Kindle Edition)
This is a fantastic book. Everything here makes TOTAL sense. I have spent 12 years of my life as a vegetarian and another 5 years following a paleo/primal diet and neither of these were right for me. I cut out gluten, ate raw dairy, ate 100% meat, ate no meat, did fruit fasts and the rest..........I fine tuned and fine tuned my diet listening to my body again and again, but still could not achieve the results I wanted.

This book has confirmed to me the idea that different people need different diets. I have always been totally confused as to why people living in Arctic regions could survive and thrive on a high meat and fat diet and people from the Indian sub-continent could thrive on a vegan diet.

I have seen outstanding examples of both these extremes; take Mark Sisson, who advocates the Primal diet (high meat and fat) and Andreas Moritz who has eaten a vegan diet for 25 years for instance - both amazing men, both totally in sync with their diet and health, both coming from COMPLETELY opposite spheres.

And the diet debate rages on......so it makes perfect sense to me that we have to look deeper into the body for answers, sometimes very deep.

Some of the science in this book was hard for me to understand, but once I grasped the overall concept I didn't really need the science to hammer it home. Whichever books I read I always say to myself, would this ring true as much today as it would for primitive man? and the wonderful thing about metabolic typing is that it is relevant to ancient knowledge as well as sitting happily in modern science, the two complement each other, which is a very rare thing in this day and age.

Everyone is unique and therefore needs a unique health care 'system'. If we know we are of a particular tribe or clan then eating our 'original' food would probably get us there, but today we come from so many backgrounds, for the typical British person - well, can we be totally certain of our roots? Also, modern lifestyles with toxins and artificial lights etc. has rendered traditional wisdom all the more complicated to replicate. Hence the metabolic typing solution, it bypasses extraneous conditions and gets to the root of things through analysing various systems in the body.

I am a mixed-type, I took the test and found out that I need specific carbs, proteins and fats in COMBINATION with each other. The 20 year diet puzzle for me has been solved.

ONE THING TO REMEMBER - DO NOT BUY THE KINDLE EDITION AS THE QUESTIONS ARE UNREADABLE - MANY SECTIONS IN THE QUESTIONNAIRE ARE COMPLETELY MISSING. I really do not understand why the publishers didn't check this out when they published the Kindle Edition! Such a shame.

But I am so interested in this theory, I am going to see a metabolic typing therapist and have my complete profile mapped out anyway.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]