5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant mouse - For everyone not only gamers, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Anker® 8200 DPI High Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse for PC, 9 Programmable Buttons, Weight Tuning Cartridges, Omron Micro (Personal Computers)
A little introduction about me and my previous mouse:
I have owned and still own the Logitech MX revolution, which in my eyes is the best multimedia mouse out there in the market. For the last 2 years I've tried telling myself there could be another mouse out there - each time I've gone into a store and tried another mouse, my first reaction was "meh, nothing special" or "that razer mouse is way too expensive for what it offers".

The Anker mouse - Design:
The form factor is something I absolutely love. Very comfortable, and with the weights that you can adjust it can be customised to your liking.

Customisation:
This mouse can be customised, with up to 9 different keys - making it incredibly useful for any type of game. It also has a MACRO functionality that allows it to register your clicks and movements.
One of the main features of this mouse, and the eye candy behind it is the light colour on the anker logo - this can be changed to any colour of your preference, via the software provided.
The profile switching is also very useful with a button located at the bottom of the mouse, allowing you to switch between your two mouse profiles, very efficiently.

Accuracy and speed:
With an incredible 8000 DPI and 1000HZ polling rate, this mouse is one of the top dogs for precision. Although realistically I can't see anyone using it at 8000 DPI, and more like me at 2000 DPI, however the accuracy and response time of this mouse is outstanding. No lag, no input lag, no flaws, no jittery motion - in other words, it excels in doing what it is supposed to do.

Software:
The software is very good, and has no glitches. When you purchase the mouse it doesn't come with a CD, however it is downloadable online. Personally I prefer that as the latest drivers and softwares can always be found up-to-date online.

Now going into pros and cons:
It is very hard to find any problems with this mouse, as it is brilliant but if I have to be extremely picky, I can name a few.

Pros:
-Price
-Weight customisable
-Light customisable
-9 Buttons to customise
-Sensitivity
-Precision
-Form factor and design
-Grip on the left side by the thumb
-Excellent software
-Macro capabilities
-Great customer service by Anker & LaptopMate

Cons:
-Anker logo colour switch is hidden when in you, as you hand covers it - thus it would have been nice to be able to customise either/or the DPI switch and scroll wheel colours too.
-Profile switch is located at the bottom - realistically I much prefer this, however I know some might prefer it to be more accessible at the top of the mouse
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the DPI level on profile 1, but not profile 2
-When saving and applying changes on the software, it magically changes the scrolling lines within Windows to level 8
-Overall cable length (could be an extra 0.5m longer)

Overall:
This mouse is outstanding, not only for the value of £25-30 (as I would gladly pay £50 for this mouse), but also for its functionalities and other capabilities.
It has now replaced my MX revolution as my main mouse. I absolutely love it, and NEVER would have thought a mouse could have swayed me off my beautiful MX, but this Anker did just that. Top marks to Anker 10/10, I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a mouse, not only gamers but multimedia users like myself that occasionally game.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jul 2013 18:48:22 BDT
Aes says:
Is this a left handed mouse only as all the pictures show that?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2013 19:46:48 BDT
No it's only for right handed people

Posted on 30 Aug 2013 03:54:44 BDT
Joe Lewis says:
Just to point out, I believe anker have released new drivers which correct some of the bugs in the cons section. Think they also made the profile switch button mappable to any of the buttons

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2013 13:59:57 BDT
I don't see any new drivers, apart from the v1.1 which has been out almost since launch.

Posted on 13 Nov 2013 14:23:27 GMT
Danger Mouse says:
damn, that first part of the review nearly made me cry thinking of that poor little mouse being put out to pasture!!

Great review :)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2013 15:39:28 GMT
haha thanks!

Posted on 23 Mar 2014 11:21:23 GMT
Blue Ocean says:
Thanks for this review - I also watched your 2 videos on YouTube. I have effectively the old version of the Logitech 'Marathon Mouse' with the very long AA battery life. I've been happy with it but it's decided to stop responding to clicks and movement. I was initially looking at the Performance MX because I didn't want to go down the wired route. But if I have to plug that mouse in as often as I think I would, I'm not sure that the benefits would be worth it. With the price of this mouse, I could afford a new M705 AND the Anker.

So I think I'm gonna get the Anker - but I just wanted to ask whether you had issues transitioning from wireless to wired? I always used to hate the cord getting in the way.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2014 11:25:08 GMT
None at all really.
Only thing I miss with my MX revolution was the fact I could snooze with it next to me and change the music on my PC. That happened very very rarely. So apart from that, I don't miss the recharging problems of the MX revolution nor the fact that I had to be concious of the battery life.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2014 12:01:18 GMT
Blue Ocean says:
Great, thanks for your quick reply! I just want to check that you don't work for them or anything, but regardless I think I'll get this!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2014 12:06:25 GMT
How would a Top500 reviewer work for them? lol
Don't forget to upvote the review, it helps.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›