5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy times in winter, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Alice Coat Ladies Purple Poizen Industries New Gothic Emo Punk Fashion (Apparel)
I fell in love with this coat as soon as I saw it. It's purple. That's all I need to say really. But I have to say having worn it for just over a couple of weeks, it's definitely worth the money spent. Yes, it is expensive, but it is a classic coat, that will stand the test of time. And it is definitely better than anything I've seen in the winter range in the shops.

This however, might suit a taller person - being only 4ft 11in, is is just above my ankles, rather than roughly knee length, which I was expecting - but I think for me, it works being that little bit longer. I was a bit surprised when I first received it, as it just went on for ever, and then upon trying it on, the sleeves were a bit strange (more about that later), but it has got me so many compliments since getting it.

The issue with the sleeves is a bit strange. It's not a really an issue, but nowhere on the product page does it say that the sleeves are massive. It took me a few minutes to work out that the sleeves are actually more of a muffler, to keep your hands warm. It does take a bit of practice to keep your hands together, but I have to admit, it does keep them warm. It does throw you a little off balance though, with your hands in the muffler.

I also went for a size bigger than I normally would, as everyone knows, sizes depend on where you're shopping. For this particular coat, I easily think I could have gone for my normal size, rather than a size bigger, but you can never be too sure. As it was a size too big, I did have to lace up the corseted bit at the back a lot tighter than it was originally, but even with that, it's still slightly too big. But a lot better than it was.

I love the bows that decorate this coat. Especially at the bottom, it gives the coat a certain flounce when you're walking, although just be careful walking up steps, as it can be pretty easy to step on, particularly if you're short like me. The bows are also on the muffler, so if you're a bit fussy, you will have to make sure they're aligned, so it doesn't look too odd.

This is my first Poizen Industries product, and I'd definitely be interested in more. There have been no problems with the coat since purchasing, the bows have stayed fixed on and any dirty simply brushes off. The hood is excellent, as it keeps my hair dry and covers the majority of my head, although it does make it a little difficult crossing the road as I can't see on either side of myself. And it is so warm as well. The split at the front of the coat also shows off your legs if you're wearing a skirt or knee high boots as I've discovered. It also makes you feel good, as well as keeping you warm, and I would definitely purchase Poizen Industry coats again, if this is the quality I'm going to get. It is certainly worth paying that little bit extra to get a good quality, long lasting coat.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]