5.0 out of 5 stars BEST! WAX! EVER! NO EXAGGERATION!, 21 July 2011
This review is from: TIGI Bed Head For Men Matte Separation Workable Wax 75g (Personal Care)
I've reviewed quite a few hair styling products and this is the first I've given five stars to, but that is something it has definitely earned! Generally, points that work in a wax's favour are a decent scent (doesn't have to be to die for, just something you can tolerate having in your hair all day), a strong hold (and one that actually lasts for a long time, instead of starting off well then gradually flopping in a span of a few hours), a nice matte finish (the wax doesn't have to be INVISIBLE, I don't mind if it slightly darkens the hair, but I find that too many waxes have too much shine and make your hair look like you've dunked it in a vat of frying oil) and easy to wash out by simply flooding it with water and adding shampoo.

Most of the waxes I've tried satisfy some of these requirements, such as VO5's MattWax which has the matte finish and is easy to wash out, but doesn't hold very well, or Shockwave's styling wax which is way too shiny and a slightly harder to get out. Then there's Loreal's StudioLine wax which is amazingly bad! I detailed it more in my one-star review of it, but in summary it smells disgustingly alcoholic, has a useless hold, is so shiny that it's just obnoxious and is harder to wash out than anything that I've ever put in my hair before.

But, as you have probably guessed, this wax satisfies all of the above requirements! I have several different hairstyles which I randomly choose from each day, but no matter which one I decide on, this wax does the job beautifully! Neat and regular spikes, messy and random spikes, messy bedhead with no spikes, neatly slicked back, neatly slicked down, slicked back but slightly raised, even a subtle fauxhawk! It really is the best wax I've ever used, and the best one I ever will use as there is really nothing that could make it better. It's more pricey than anything from VO5 or StudioLine, but the difference in quality really is that noticeable - certainly more noticeable than the amount of weight it may relieve your wallet of.

If you've been looking for the perfect hair styling product, you've found it! I tried several cheaper ones before deciding that I should go for a more expensive one, and I don't regret doing so at all - if anything, I regret not doing it sooner!

[Add comment]