5.0 out of 5 stars Best Smartphone 5*, 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy SIII Smartphone (16GB, UK Sim Free Unlocked) - Marble White - Discontinued by manufacturer (Wireless Phone)
I bought my S3 2 days after it was available at amazon and because there was no blue version at the time I went for the white version. Let me tell you that I don't regret it because its beautiful. The reason I haven't done a review until now is that I wanted to see how it will perform as my daily device for more than a month.

After unboxing my S3, my first impressions were positive and than after looking at the device I booted up the phone. The booting time was very very fast and I was very impressed. Here are a few things I love about this device.

1) The screen is just awesome and although being a pentile display that some people might not like I don't have any problems at all

2) This phone is a beast, it makes multitasking easy and runs anything that you put on it. I haven't experienced any lag on anything so far.

3) Removable battery which for me is a must and many phone makers now don't do this anymore.

4) GPS on this device is really really good. It locks up in seconds and it faster than any other device I have used. Sometimes I open Google navigation and by the time I enter the address to my destination GPS is ready to go.

5) Battery life is amazing and a big improvement from the S2 which I also have and used previous. More battery would be nice but being a slim device sometimes you have to sacrifice the battery a little bit.

6) Micro SD is a great thing for me and a must have. Yet again something that other company's are avoiding. I agree that in phone storage is faster but if you need the extra storage for music, videos, books, magazines etc Micro SD class 10 does just fine. Watch out for the new Samsung SD cards at Amazon, they're amazing.

Conclusion: I wanted a device to be able to read books, browse the web fast, play HD videos well and play a few games at times. This phone does all this fast and well which makes up for the price which was £499 when I bought it. Yes there will be better phones in future but if you want to enjoy a brilliant multimedia device which is elegant, fast and well build buy the S3.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Oct 2012 14:57:05 BDT
Big Bad Bill says:

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2012 21:23:54 BDT
Riggs says:
I am talking about GS3 and the experience I have had with this phone. I don't know why is a big laugh for you. Most of android phones have good GPS but what I am saying is that the GS3 locks more faster than previous devices.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2012 18:30:47 BDT
Christine says:
Re WILLIAM, you're coming across as a bit of a fanatic, how many times have you made pro-apple nonsensical comments on other peoples reviews, all of which lack any intelligence/relevance.
Get a grip it's only a phone, it's not religion but no doubt if it was you have all us android users thrown into some apple sponsored concretion camps for perceived crimes against technology until such times when we all converted to your warped way of thinking. What have apple done to make your so blindside by reality? You're clearly as my gran would put it "a few crowns short of a full shilling" so best go on a sponsored silence that way you idiotic views are hidden.. I on the other hand don't care about Samsung/apple et al. I just want the best phone which today is hands down the S3....

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2013 18:16:08 BDT
Gerald says:
Samsung Galaxy 3s
Thanks for your review which I found most helpful I too have been struggling with the Htc Widlfire s for two years now and that awful Donut ring they put on it which to my mind was so unnecessary as they also have a built in screen lock I am looking forward to getting an S3 shortly and your review was most helpful oh and pay no heed to other rude people they enjoy being rude

In reply to an earlier post on 5 May 2013 18:32:13 BDT
Riggs says:
Gerald I am happy that my review helped you. I am sure that your going to be happy if you buy one and also get a good price now while Samsung released the Galaxy S4. Now I have also bought an extented battery at 4400mAh capacity which is more than twice as big of the original battery that came with the phone and it gives me at least 2 - 2.5 days of moderate to heavy use and I am very happy. The battery is from Anker 4400mAh with back cover. Hope you enjoy your new S3 when you buy it. Take care :)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2013 14:01:42 BDT
Figg says:
A great review which has almost made up my mind to buy one.

I was interested in a smatphone where I had a spare battery, wished to use it as a sat nav and removeable storage via a memory card. All very good but it's more expensive than I was hoping to pay. I did however think I would have to buy Tom Tom maps (£48 ish) as I wish it to replace my basic phone and my dead battery Tom Tom. It seems that maps are available through Google, free or at what cost? Also I wish to have western Europe maps, would I have to buy them from TT or are they also available from Google?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2013 19:32:59 BDT
Riggs says:
I am happy that my review helped you. This does have the option of the spare battery's if needed and Anker battery's are also a good option because I have tried them my self. I would suggest that if you can connect your phone with your car you can hear it better in a call or through maps. The maps are free from google and I have used them for more than 4 years and has never let me down. Google maps supports Europe and maps for most of the places in the world but if your trying to use it in Europe you would need an Internet connection because google maps do not work with an internet connection. Now the other option is that you can buy tom tom maps though google play store or other alternatives that are available and all you need is the GPS and no internet connection but it might work out a bit more expensive with the extra cost.

Now the S3 is more cheaper because of the newer version which is the S4 and its a good time to buy it if you don't want to spend loads of money on new and expensive smartphone the Samsung Galaxy S3 is a good choice.

I hope I have helped you a bit and good luck buying the new phone.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2013 12:30:42 BDT
Figg says:
Thank you again. I'm really pleased about the battery situation as I have just had my sat nav die for the want of a battery. So ridiculous that I can't change a battery in a £150 device but can change batteries as often as I like in a £10 smoke alarm. Google Maps are fine for the UK but I may decide to buy Tom Tom ones when I go abroad and need to find my way around. I think they cost around £40.

The S3 mini would suit me well enough but the battery has quite bad reviews in places so it may be the S3 biggie for me. Thanks for your help.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2013 16:33:44 BDT
Riggs says:
I hope you buy the phone and it does the things you want the phone to do. I haven't had any problems with mine so I can't see any reasons why you would have any problems if you buy this phone. Good luck with your purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2013 18:17:21 BDT