5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Introducing ZBrush 4 (Kindle Edition)
I spent a long time teaching myself ZBrush when 3.5 was the current version.
When I saw the preview video for the release of ZBrush 4 I couldn't wait to install it on my Mac Pro and get stuck in. However when the time came to get stuck in I was lost. I had no idea how to use the new features.
So I went on a search for good reference material on ZBrush 4. Because it was a new release it was hard to find reference material that covered the new features in detail.

Then 'Introducing ZBrush 4' by Eric Keller was released. The confusion started when I discovered that this book contained the same reviews as 'Introducing ZBrush' by Eric Keller, which is the first release. So did the two books contain the same detail but have a different cover?
I believe Amazon have made some sort of mix up here, because these books are not the same book.
There is a similar mix up on 'ZBrush Character Creation Advanced Digital Sculpting' by Scott Spencer. He has two books on Amazon with the same title, however edition 2 contains the new features of ZBrush 4. All very confusing.

I eventually decided to purchase the Kindle Edition (for iPad) and I have to confess this book is excellent if you are starting out in ZBrush. What I also found is that it is also brilliant at describing the new feature in ZBrush 4, if you are all ready familiar with ZBrush.

I contacted SYBEX (publisher) and sent them a receipt of my Amazon Kindle purchase. They kindly posted me the accompanying DVD, which contains some really useful tutorials amongst a load of other stuff.

The kindle version is fully illustrated with colour captures and will serve me perfectly for future reference, especially considering I can use bookmarks in kindle by highlighting or bookmarking.

I can highly recommend this book if you are just starting out in ZBrush or if you have some knowledge of how ZBrush works, but need to learn some of the many feature this wonderful software provides. Eric Keller's skill in teaching is explained in clear detail, but not too much detail that will bore you.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]