1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Creative ZiiO 10-inch 8 GB Android Entertainment Tablet (Personal Computers)
This tablet has a number of good features but I am in no mood to offer any free advertising for Creative. I feel they have treated their customers with arrogant indifference in releasing/ selling this product in its current form at this time (DEC 2011, early 2012). Maybe all was well back in 2010 or early 2011, but things like Adobe and Android require constant updates and if your device is not capable of slick updates its going to be useless very quickly. Certainly, critical stuff like Adobe flash updates should be wrapped within the existing firmware/ software updates feature.
Issues I have noted (so far):
1) Online videos do not play as adobe flash cannot be downloaded in any reasonable manner.
I tried YouTube, BBC iPlayer, Fox News, CNN, DailyMotion, Vimeo, MetaCafe, various sports websites etc - nothing.
2) Security certificate warnings pop up for almost every website.
3) The device freezes and cannot be unfrozen or turned off. The battery must be left to run down to zero and only then can you recharge and restart.
4) SD card was not working at all. I managed to get hold of apk file for adobe flash via my laptop and loaded it to an SD card. Would not load the app from SD card. In fact it did not even read anything on the SD and did nothing at all.
5) Lastly, and very importantly - beware buying direct from Creative, rather use Amazon. Creative's website led me round and round in circles as I tried to contact someone and file a claim/ enquire about a return. Customer service does not exist. I will happily pay a bit more using Amazon in future instead of going direct to manufacturers. Customer service and returns/ claims policies don't appear to mean much until something goes wrong... then you realise how valuable they are.
Other weird things to note:
The various Ziio-specific sites are quite funny. Instead of having access to the global Android Market, Creative seem to think their own little ZiiO store will do the trick! haha! The store had absolutely nothing useful in it as regards the adobe flash issues I was having.
The packaging has different barcodes on it - one for the top cover and a different one for the bottom section and it (the ZiiO packaging) states that the system requirements for the Ziio 10" are all Windows OS (Vista, 7, XP, etc)?(!)