5.0 out of 5 stars Third track "Longing", 22 May 2013
This review is from: Dobrinka Tabakova: String Paths (Audio CD)
A real find, it's got that real transcendence, transporting. Play it in your car driving through nature or through busy urban streets and it feels great to be alive.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jul 2013 23:04:11 BDT
Peter says:

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2013 21:03:53 BDT
J. Johnston says:
Surprised by the vehemence of your comments. Who are you to judge my response to a piece of music. My use of the"real" works for me, who the hell are you? Your comment about where and when music should be listened to is patronising and pompous. You are not the composer, just a self appointed critic of others. Should I sit in a certain position listening reverentially? Your comment about "acoustic wallpaper" is insulting and shows your ignorance. I have listened to this music many times and derived great joy from it. I think the composer would be thrilled that she has touched another human being. "Zonked"!, what are you talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2013 22:35:16 BDT
Peter says:

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2013 21:34:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Jul 2013 23:54:35 BDT
J. Johnston says:
Look, I don't get it, if you like or love the music, write a review of it, what it means to you or not. I think its a great piece of music, uplifting and very beautiful. Perhaps you listen to it with headphones, in a room, in the garden or wherever, I don't care if it make you happy. My request is that you accept that we all find our own way of hearing the music, you can't decide that another's is any less than your own. Perhaps this music means a lot to you, absolute respect for that.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2013 01:20:33 BDT
A.Burns says:
J. Johnston, I have to say that your review was worthwhile for me. I must admit that most of my listening to music these days is done whilst commuting - as much as I'd love to set aside time to listen to music at home with absolutely no interruptions, I simply don't get the time to do so. So I could quite imagine myself listening to this music, like you say, whilst travelling, and finding it transporting, and life-affirming. I came across this album via an Amazon recommendation, and was considering whether to buy on a whim a CD by a composer I hadn't heard of before - then your brief review swung it for me. So thanks! This whole disc has such lovely, powerful music, I can't stop listening to it.

Posted on 7 Sep 2013 12:19:48 BDT
Lloyd Floyd says:
It is also not very helpful to tell everyone how you would feel if you were the composer, because you are not the composer. You are Peter, and possibly a bit of a snob. Who, in 2013, says motor car? It appears to be an affectation.
I think that the reviews on amazon are there to give a wide range of points of view. Some people will tell you all about the music, others may talk about the quality of the recording ,some focus on the packaging or the speed of delivery, others just how the music makes them feel. All are valid and can be read or ignored as you please.
Thank you J. Johnston for your review.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (16 customer reviews)

Reviewer