5.0 out of 5 stars WORKED FOR ME!, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had lower back pain for the past few months and tried all the usual: painkillers and topical pain relief as well as heat belts, wraps and wheat bags. Although most of these provided temporary relief, the problem was just that: it was temporary. I was extremely keen to try the iheal device: it promises up to 30% faster healing, which sounded good to me - anything that can actually HEAL rather than just mask pain, must be good!

I've uploaded pics to show you everything you get in the box: you get a wrist strap and 48 adhesive hypoallergenic patches which I'm happy to report DIDN'T cause any kind of reaction on my skin, whatsoever (anything with a sticky back, like band-aids, usually always give me a bad reaction). The replacements are around £10-£12 for 48 patches and you can now usually find them on Amazon (which I'm pleased about as I found the Homedics website to be quite problematic) The patches are a bit pricey but you can usually get away with using the same patch for 2-3 days if you have the extra security of fitted clothing to hold the device in place. The batteries come ready-installed in the device (2x CR2025) and you can buy replacements for around £2-£3 for 12 on Amazon.

Admittedly 'Pulse Electro Magnetic Field' (PEMF) technology sounded a bit scary to me but I didn't notice anything while wearing it - no pulsing and no scary sounds being emitted from the device. There's a flashing green LED to confirm the device is on and working and that's about it. The device works in an accumulative way so you need to wear this for at least 4 hours a day (and up to 10 hours if possible). It's pretty discreet (depending on where you're wearing the device) and the adhesive patches are strong enough to stay put.

When I originally wrote this review, I had been using the device for 2 weeks and had seen an improvement: for the first time in ages, I actually felt like my lower back pain has started to improve. Everyone keeps mentioning the placebo effect and yes that's what it could be (I think it's working, therefore it's working). Admittedly I was desperate for something to help my back but at the same time I've always been a bit cynical when it comes to things promising to heal pain, whether it's a device or some kind of alternative remedy. I'm glad I tried it though and I have carried on using it intermittently, as and when needed (I've now had the device for 10 months!) Whether or not the device will work to actually heal more severe arthritic conditions, I don't know - but I do know it's helped my back. It's a bit of a pricey investment but I would recommend it to anyone to atleast give it a try - I've felt a real benefit from wearing the device for about 6 hours a day and it's a small price to pay for freedom from pain.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jul 2012 15:30:08 BDT
Sandy says:
There is no known mechanism by which this device can work. Same with magnetic water softeners. They don't work.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Aug 2012 01:26:11 BDT
Ian Wardell says:
So why do the vast majority of the customer reviews on here say it does work?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Aug 2012 02:11:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Aug 2012 02:14:59 BDT
CROCIATO-LAW says:
There is plenty of medical evidence that a magnetic field applied in the right place can interfere with nerve signals. I assume that this is what this device is attempting to do?

I have only seen magnetic field evidence where devices have been internally fitted to the patient, but as magnetic fields pass through us pretty easily it would just be a question of focusing the field and keeping it compact to effect a nerve transmission blocking or disturbance effect. Bear in mind that many nerves operate for different things, heat, pain, cold, touch etc so there is a chance the item can affect other nerves if it actually does affect the pain signalling pathway too.

However, many severe conditions can alter other nerves around the pain affected area to transmit increased pain levels too alongside (metaphorically speaking) the initial signals, so with conditions where the adaptability of chronic pain to sidestep and/or overcome initially effective treatments can be something worth bearing in mind.

If it gives people, by whatever method be it active or placebo, then should you buy it 'n' try it for easing chronic pain....? Well, that's got to be a no-brainer. As a chronic pain sufferer myself I shall be watching the lightning deal with interest today.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (112 customer reviews)

£49.99 £24.65
Reviewer

Miss K
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Location: UK