5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing camera with one issue, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Nikon Coolpix L310 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 21x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
I recently bought this camera from the Argos in a sale I paid £119, well I didnt I ordered the NIKON L120 camera but was given this as a replacement. However this does not matter as the camera is great. The camera produces the best images from a cheap camera that I have seen, the colours are really bright and vivid and knocks the socks off any compact camera for the same price.

The images are best viewed on a USB through a HD TV as the HD brings out the best of the images. As for the video again is miles better than any compact I have ever owned or seen, when I recorded a 720p video on my last camera every time you zoomed in or out the sound wasn't there like it couldnt capture sound when it was zooming, this is no problem for this camera. I have to say I created a video straight after initial set up and played back through TV and I was amazed how detailed the video was and I was even more amazed by how clear the audio on playback was, it is so clear and crisp.
I am no camera expert and I dont pretend to be but from an average user then I would say this camera would be a great purchase for a beginner like myself. If you want more professional kit then I would look else where, but if you want a sub £200 camera that takes amazing shots and captures great video then I would say give it a go. I have only had the camera a few weeks and I havent messed with any of the settings too much but I think if I edit the settings then I could achieve even better images from it.

Now to the one issue I have with the camera, that is the screen quality is not very great at all. You can clearly see what you are taking an image or video of but it is not good quality. However if you look past this small issue then it is a great camera for the money.
I would give this camera 4.7 / 5 but amazon only allows either four or five then its far closer to a five star camera than a four star one.
I will update this review after a few months to see if my opinions change but I would say give it a go from my experience so far.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jul 2012 15:31:05 BDT
Alison Jones says:
Thank you "weston supermare" for that helpful review. I too was given this Camera instead of the Nikon L120. I was afraid that when I got home the reviews might be bad (the Nikon L120 has EXCELLENT reviews on Argos) I was informed this one would be a "better" camera. I was relieved to see your review (not looked at any others yet) I shall try it and see, then add my own review :)

Posted on 15 Jul 2012 18:30:55 BDT
Miss Malam says:
Hi weston Supermarre. Ive just purchased this camera for my daughter. Coud you please tell me how you view photos/video trough your tv? Do I have to buy an extra lead?
Thanx

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2012 21:58:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jul 2012 22:02:55 BDT
Weston D says:
Hi, if you have a SD card in your camera then you need an SD card reader. I would recommend the Integeral USB 2.0 single SD card reader,
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Use this link and you will find it, Its roughly £2 to buy but really worth the money. The only issue is that you need a TV with a USB slot built in. If you do then it will not be a problem, if you dont then the only thing I can suggest is hooking your laptop or computer to your TV through HDMI.
I hope this helps.