2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
A victory in court for Jesus.,
This review is from: CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS: A Journalist Investigates Current Attacks on the Identity of Christ (Paperback)
Another great book put together by Lee Strobel and a host of experts he consults for this volume. This book covers many of the more recent attacks on the historical person of Jesus and does a pretty good job at dealing with many of the alledged problems. The challenges put forward by skeptics that are addressed are as follows:
- Scholars are uncovering a radically different Jesus in ancient documents just as credible as the four gospels. This looks at many of the other gospels discovered such as the gospel of Thomas and Judas.
- The Bibles portrait of Jesus can't be trusted because the Church tampered with the text. Addresses suggestions that the NT has been tampered with.
- New explanations have refuted Jesus Resurrection and cross-examination. Looks at recent arguments against the validity of the resurrection.
- Christianity's beliefs about Jesus were copied from pagan religions. Looks at the suggested copycat myths and make you realise why these arguments were dealt with over 100 years ago.
- Jesus was an imposter who failed to fulfill the messianic prophecies. Excellent chapter dealing with prophecy from a messianic Jewish perspective.
- People should be free to pick and choose what to believe about Jesus. Deals with the pluralistic mindset so common in western society today.
Overall a great read, it doesnt cover everything but there are some excellent books mentioned that will satisfy people who are looking for further reading on the subjects highlighted.
Get it you won't regret it!