5.0 out of 5 stars Great entry level Tablet, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Asus MeMo Pad ME301T 10.1-inch Tablet (Blue) - (Nvidia Tegra 3 1.3GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB Storage, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Android 4.1) (Personal Computers)
After seeing many reviews on this tablet some good some bad I decided to buy it as it was in my price range and the specification seemed reasonable.

I have had the Asus Memo Pad 10.1 tablet for a few weeks now and I am very happy with it.
The construction is plastic but it feels solid almost no flex and it does not feel cheap to me at all.
I find the weight ok and the tablet feels comfortable in my hands.
Even though the unit has 16 Gig on board you only get around 11 gig free but for me that is more than enough space for downloading apps.

The wireless connection is very strong all round my house and out in to the garden, happy with that.

I enjoy watching films on this tablet I find the screen resolution of 1280 x 800 to be just fine I have no issues of the quality of the screen.

I find the tablet to be fast and very responsive when flicking through screens or opening most apps(some large apps like games do take a bit longer but it is not to bad)
The screen its self is nice and responsive I find typing emails to be easy enough using the standard Asus keyboard.

Using the internet browsers included one of them is called browser the other Chrome work ok. I have had no problems surfing the net on this tablet.
The Included GPS sensor works well I download a standalone sat nav app and tried it out surprisingly for a free app it got me the destinations I choose ok.
Reading books on this tablet is ok.
I did get a 32 gig micro sd card for this tablet and filled it up real quick but it works fine I also got an OTG cable and connected pen drives they all work fine so loads of storage options.

Talking of storage options I did find the tablet to be a bit slow transferring data from my PC through it to the sd card. Much better to take the sd card out of the tablet and connect it directly to your PC if you are going to transfer large amounts of data.

Also with the OTG cable I was able to connect my wired Xbox 360 controller and that works fine with the games Conduit HD and Dead trigger on this tablet.
The rear camera takes ok pictures given a decent amount of light.

I find the battery for me lasts all day using it on and off(in standby mode) playing games, surfing the net watching YouTube videos email and the like using the balanced power saving option.
It is certainly better than I expected but then I guess it will vary depending on the user.

All in all I am very happy with this tablet and it comes to work every day with me, as far as I am concerned I have got my money's worth.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]