1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product with serious design problems, 24 April 2009
This review is from: Bosch ART 26 Combitrim Electric Telescopic Grass Trimmer (26 cm Cutting Diameter) (DIY & Tools)
I spent a bit more on a replacement strimmer last year hoping that going for a name like Bosch would see more than the 5 year life that our old cheap and cheerful basic strimmer gave us.

This product looks good on paper, and for the first few uses I was pretty pleased. However, there were a few niggles - such as the extending handle failing to stay tight. Over time, things got quite a lot worse - excessive vibration from the motor and a dramatic increase in noise. Finally, the spinning head started to come loose. There's no way of tightening it and eventually it actually fell off during use. It has a plastic toothed thread that has been completely stripped. Bosch do not sell separate replacement heads.

There really is no advantage in the swivel head. The line feed is pretty good, when it stays attached. The balance was ok, and I was quite impressed with the cutting quality, particularly with the heavy duty lines supplied.

Not a glowing review either for the product or for Bosch. on balance, I'd not recommend this. Best to stick with a cheaper model, as there don't seem to be any significant advantages to the extra cost of more expensive models, and at this rate you'll need to replace it in a years time.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 May 2009 13:01:33 BDT
i was thinking on the same lines as this person.i am fed up of buying strimmers that dont do there job for long.thought i would try bosch with them having a good name,changed my mind now

Posted on 21 Apr 2013 19:02:24 BDT
Chris says:
Joseph Bosch would turn in his grave if he saw what they did to his cherished company. I always used to buy Bosch products...but not anymore! Just got rid of an inbuilt washer made by them only a little over 4 years old, the programmer had died together with bearing rumble as well, only the wife and I used it, not a big family! Same with the inbuilt oven, had to order yet another replacement cooker coupling because of a poor design issue, and the list goes on. So no, I would never recommend Bosch again.

Posted on 31 Mar 2014 11:31:00 BDT
Paul says:
I totally agree with this review. Of all the tools I have ever bought this is by far the worst. Having previously had a Black and Decker strimmer that lasted over 10 year I foolishly trusted the name of Bosch and have regretted it ever since. Not only is it difficult to handle but the line feed either constantly disappears into the spool or falls of all the time . I have only had it a few months but it is destined for the bin soon as it is so frustrating.
Paul

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jul 2014 15:02:49 BDT
jim says:
Worst strimmer i have ever owned : it looks the part and feels solid enough but the poor quality of the spool head and the constant breaking of the line is frustrating (Bosch art 26)

Posted on 22 May 2015 14:27:16 BDT
The Master says:
I have only used mine a few times and now it doesn't run at full speed AND the spool keeps falling off. TRASH

Posted on 30 Jul 2015 21:07:29 BDT
I agree with all the others. Only the second time I used it the line disappeared into the spooler, so I fixed it, only for it to happen again. So I've resorted to the heavy duty line, which of course wears & needs replacement. Worst strimmer I've ever had.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2016 18:07:42 BDT
I thought it was just me and my inadequate use of this strimmer.
Like for many others this is a total disappointment. I've got a big garden and was hoping this would be up to the job being Bosch. Sadly, not so!
It is simply too frustrating to use. It requires constant stops to re-set the spool andd the line seems to break when cutting anything thicker than a single grass blade and the extra tough cord buckles easily against twigs and stones. I've had to resort to using a hand scythe, very rural and esoteric, but far too exhausting. I have now taken to asking my neighbour's gardener to give my garden an occasional strim as this Bosch Bodge is just not up to the task.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›