5.0 out of 5 stars A super model which is easy to use., 20 April 2012
This review is from: Kindle Touch, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display (Electronics)
Wow! got mine very quickly, worth paying for the one day postage option that Amazon offer.

I have the Kindle Keyboard 3G model which I love, I wanted a Kindle for my wife and this seemed an ideal option, thought it would be easier with the touch screen, she's not the best with gadgets.

The Kindle is similar to the model which was introduced to the range around Christmas which is an ideal size, screen is 6" E Ink. Can be seen in poor light and direct sun light.

The touch screen is broken up into sections, touch the screen one side it changes pages forward, other side goes back. Bottom of the screen is a button which serves as the home page. It is very easy to use and my wife seems to manage it with out any problems. To change the size of the text is the same motion as when you want to resize a photo or text on a touch screen phone, took a bit to work out as the user guide was hard to follow.

Using the touch screen is very easy, far more involving than my keyboard model. Found looking for a book in the Kindle store easier as the keyboard isn't as fiddly as my older kindle.
You can swipe to change pages as well as touch. If you want to look up a word all you do is press the word, much better the the keyboard navigator

I ordered the wi-fi model rather than the 3G model, I have 3G with the other Kindle I have and for the price it doesn't give much, these days your never far from from a wi-fi signal, I thought the 3G would be great when I'm on Holiday in our caravan in France, which it is, but there is also Free Wi-Fi. I also have a netbook which follows me around so can always hook the Kindle to the USB and download via that. One thing that I didn't think about was when the caravan wi-fi didn't work and then 3G is a massive must.

A few earlier Kindles had a slow page turn but these have the later software which has sorted out the slow page turn.

A superb model, might be worth upgrading your old Kindle If you want a small more interactive model. I may try and persuade my wife to have my old one and I'll have the new one.

UPDATE

First touch developed a fault, it had a line from west to east of the screen that was present all the time, tried the reset that is suggested via the Kindle help but made no difference. When you log on to the Amazon returns page it gives you a link to phone, you give it your telephone number and it rings you instantly, a chap from Amazon answered (Josh) who asked a couple of questions then arranged for a replacement which arrived next day, i also have a return postage label to send the old back with, perfect service, I bet you wouldn't get that service from one of the high street multiples.
Thank you Kindle support.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 11-20 of 27 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 13:29:43 BDT
 says:
Hi, Kenneth, I have used it sometimes on an older Kindle (2nd generation). Just tried it on the Touch 3G, there are male and female voices and you can adjust the speed of reading. Still American accents and a bit robotic, but understandable. It is called Text-to-speech, you will see it on one of the images I posted, and is mentioned here.

Kindle Touch 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display, 3G Works Globally

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Apr 2012 17:24:08 BDT
Mike Bought now struggling to register it ;looks good .
Touch screen good ,thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 16:25:35 BDT
john evans says:
Don't understand the sound comment. My recently bought wifi only Touch has 2 speakers & a headphone socket.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 16:38:41 BDT
 says:
My mistake! Sorry! I will correct that. (I have the 3G.)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:26:45 BDT
John did you buy this recently?
There is a free up grade;you must get,I bought Touch only yesterday I found I had already got,the up grade,
That gives you a nice female voice, that will read you to sleep,
I have loaded 70 books down from my old Kindle, all but one will read, to me in a male or female voice ,I put it in the slow mode; it sounded better than the normal setting,I love it; you have something to look forward to,
I can read and listen too,it gives you eyes a rest ,at 81 it is god sent

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:32:27 BDT
Mike I do not have 3G;; only Kindle touch ,it only has one difference, you can down load your 3G with books anywhere ;not just at home.Kindle Touch talks to me, fine.
A great e-book ;

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:35:22 BDT
And it can read books too,A big difference to me I love the touch screen .
D,Gunter you left that out.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:41:50 BDT
Morven I do not work for Amazon
I just bought Kindle Touch It is so good
It reads my books what a blessing for tired eyes and for sending you to sleep
I think Amazon are too modest,it is sensational to me at 81
I mastered it in one evening
Last night I ran it all night long I fell asleep reading it ; it is second nature to me now ,

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:43:44 BDT
Mike I bought it ,I slowed down the voice then it sounds quite normal to me now;; Thank you ;a great buy,

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 20:57:28 BDT
 says:
It really is a lovely product, isn't it? Glad you like it. I now have a 4th gen one to sell!

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

Rob S "Rob S"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Location: Conwy, North Wales