71 of 75 people found the following review helpful
Great style and functionality, works with Windows,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Apple Keyboard (MB110B/B) (Personal Computers)
This is a great keyboard, it looks good and is great to type with. Another benefit is that this keyboard doesn't take up much desk space.
Does it work with Windows? Yes, it's USB and is automatically detected by Windows. There are a few very minor issues as follows:
1. For the function keys, press the fn key with the function key (eg fn + F1 is the default key for help in Windows).
2. " and @ are swapped on my UK layout, I rarely notice this but people without keyboard experience might struggle.
3. | and \ are in their usual place but the key is marked with ~ and `, again I rarely notice this.
4. For print screen, you can press fn + shift + F11.
5. Some keys with functions on a Mac have no function in Windows. I don't use those keys.
6. The Num Lock is labelled with a special function (CLEAR). It still works as a Num Lock key.
7. When I plug in the keyboard or plug in a USB device, I get a message about how it will run faster in a USB 2.0 port. That means that this keybaord and the built-in USB ports only run at USB 1.1 speed. For me this isn't a problem, if you need USB 2.0 then use other USB ports on your PC.
There is a page on the Apple website that gives some more information. You don't to worry about specific drivers for the keyboard, there is one on the Apple Bootcamp disk but I haven't used this and see no need for it.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Nov 2010 19:31:13 GMT
K. Chapman says:
straight forward to the point review and answered what I needed to know, thanks Steven.
Posted on 1 Mar 2011 14:12:08 GMT
Marcus Bullock says:
I thoroughly recommend the free keyboard layout/mapper at http://ow.ly/45vnQ works a dream and all the @ " # | £ € etc are in the right place as they are on the keyboard :)
Posted on 21 May 2011 13:23:54 BDT
Which is the Windows key? Good review btw.
Posted on 19 Jun 2011 13:10:24 BDT
Print screen doesn't work. Any other ideas?
Posted on 9 Jan 2012 11:42:28 GMT
Ian Smith says:
There are solutions to getting all the keys to work the way you want. I use Key Tweak... http://parkernet.com/applepro/index.html. You can then configue all keys to work as you wish and save/load the profiles. You can then have differnet configurations that you can load quickly for particular uses such as video editing, media, games etc.
I have not tried Marcus's suggestion yey, but that also sounds good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›