36 of 38 people found the following review helpful
Not All Storage Boxes Are The Same...,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Pack 5 50lt plastic boxes + lids (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a set of good-sized storage boxes, the sort of thing that you might want to use to store items in your garage, or perhaps your loft, if you have a big enough loft hatch...
1. The reasonably clear side walls should make it pretty easy to see the contents of each container, without having to move or open a stack of boxes.
2. These are a good size with practical dimensions - if you need 50 litres of storage in one container, you should find most things fit.
3. Good, prompt delivery, with the parcel well-packaged to cope with knocks in transit.
1. The lids don't seal at all, let alone hermetically. So a major application [storage of items in garages that may be cold and damp] is out of the question...
2. The design of the mouldings [base of containers and lids] is such that each box can "slip around" when stood on top of another. Surely these were intended to be stacked?
3. As others have noticed, the material from which the boxes have been fashioned does appear to be quite a bit more brittle than other alternatives.
It would unkind to "write off" this offering as completely unfit for purpose, but on balance the design misses several of the most important criteria for this type of storage container, and the materials do not stand comparison with other brands on offer here at Amazon. Make sure that they are *exactly* what you need before you order...