2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Mixed bag but generally excellent with some absolutely stunning levels!,
This review is from: Medal of Honor: Airborne (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
1. The graphics and sound are on the whole stunning, as good as any game out there at the moment, and I must mention one particular map, the town in the Market Garden level, truly awe inspiring. The huge amount of detail that went into that map is absolutely astonishing!
2. The controls are perfect, natural to use and smooth. This is the only game I've played where you can dip and duck up and down, left and right, peak over and around walls and object by just swivelling the stick. It's easily as good as the cover systems used in such games as Gears of War, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six Vegas.
3. Parachuting is a nice way to get into a level and feel more natural than just spawning somewhere.
4. Modelling is excellent of both characters, textures and weapons. Everything looks fantastic.
5. Fights are immersive and challenging and a lot of fun.
1. My biggest gripe with the game is enemy spawning. Enemy will spawn indefinitely until you move forward past an invisible line. Forget tactics, eventually you have to just run in to a barrage of bullets. This makes some parts of the game tedious and pointless, turning the game into a fair ground shooting range. What is the point, for instance, of having a sniper rifle and snipping from a tower if you never clear an area?? This one factor put me off buying the game until it came down to a reasonable price (I got it for £15).
2. Bafflingly, a lot of the time head-shots do not kill and the further on in the game the more apparent this ludicrous choice the developers made becomes?? Head-shots should almost always be an instant kill.
I haven't played COD4 yet so don't know how it compares (and COD4 doesn't have any cover system which puts me off) but MOHA is a great game, which looks and plays fantastically most of the time and is a top Xbox 360 must-have game with plenty of replay value. I haven't played the multi-player much but it seemed to be as good as most multi-player games I've tried on the Xbox 360