5.0 out of 5 stars great for on the go, great for at home, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Surface with Windows RT 32GB Tablet ONLY
I bought this tablet to carry on writing when I am unable to carry my big clunky laptop about. I am very pleased. The Word programme is fast, responsive and easy to use for both key board and touch. The added ease of saving documents on sky drive is fantastic so I can access my changes as soon as I'm back on the laptop. It also has a usb port to add documents, music, videos etc.

The tablet tends to start up in about ten seconds and is good to go straight away. Once signed in all my music, videos and preferences were ready too which saved so much time! I haven't had any crashing issues and all the apps seem to work perfectly.

For a tablet it is very "open" as it has the win 8 start screen and the option to go to desktop and desktop internet browsing. For me this was great as some websites still seem to dislike ie metro.

All in all, fast, responsive, smooth, best of windows 8.

I'd like to add that people complaining that it is locked... its a tablet, NOT a pc. In my opinion it has a much more open feel than an iPad though which is very limited in what you can do (and convoluted when trying to add photos etc). However it is windows 8 and so lacking in mass amounts of apps. I can also do everything I usually do on my laptop on this device; watch 4od, search the web, buy on amazon, play games, YouTube etc but it has the added bonus of been handheld.
For the sake on sanity ignore the 1 star reviews... they are simply trolling a device they either haven't used or feel doesn't add up to a pc... they should have know, as it has the word tablet plastered all over the adverts.

I would recommend for a cheaper alternative to a surface pro, or in some cases a laptop, if like me you use the pc for music, videos, writing and internet browsing.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]