5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great so me, and great value too, 25 April 2011
This review is from: Panasonic TX-P42U30B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 600Hz Plasma TV with Freeview HD (Electronics)
I'd done a lot of research on the web to decide whether I wanted a plasma, LCD or LED TV. Upon deciding a plasma was best for me, Panasonic always appeared to be at the top of the ratings, so not it was a choice of three TVs (I'd already decided on a 42" a long time ago). The Panasonic website provided a good comparison tool, which allowed me to determine that the two 'top' TVs had more functionality than I was ever going to use, so I chose the U30B.

I was up and running within 10 minutes of connecting everything up and turning it on, and everything was automatic. So much for Mr TV Arielman telling me that my current ariel could not pick up digital signals ... my Panasonic can.

The only issue is that it only has one SCART input. I have standard Sky and a DVD recorder, both of which require a SCART socket. My SCART splitter resulted in the Sky picture being unwatchable until the DVD recorder was put into standby. A bit of internet searching informed me that a SCART switch was required instead of a splitter. I was always going to upgrade to Sky + HD at some point, so I chose to do it now rather than spend money on a SCART switch (they are about £15).

I've had the TV for two days now, and the sound is good and the picture is very good. I've got a bit more playing with the setup to do when I read a bit more of the manual, but for the price ... I'm certainly not complaining. I would drop half a star for the missing SCART, but the reviews won't let me.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Apr 2011 06:24:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2011 16:36:35 BDT
Hifly says:
Scart is old technology so these days one should not expect multiple sockets.

Posted on 1 May 2011 13:37:50 BDT
Dumachi says:
How reflective is this screen mate?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2011 18:16:44 BDT
It is reflective! You don't want to angle it to a bright window, and you can see yourself when the picture us really dark. That said, I've had it for a couple of weeks and it's not disturbed me much. I still love the TV. I know you can get TVs with non-reflective screens, but dunno how they compare in price. Hope that helps.

Posted on 14 Jun 2011 05:01:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Jun 2011 05:03:48 BDT
K. Grunwald says:
I have had a Panny 37 for three years and it goes from strength to strength. Before buying i read a comment saying that plasma screens get better as they get beded down. I find that to be true.
Yours should also just get better and better .
Regarding reflectivity: It is a pain but you get used to it and don't notice after a while. It is worth putting up with since plasma, to my mind, is better and has less problems than does LCD.
Like i said, i am about to buy another plasma! :)

Posted on 17 Jul 2011 19:39:37 BDT
T. Cannon says:
is the plinth fixed or can it be removed to fit on a wall

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2011 16:15:53 BDT
dodgy dave says:
Yeap it can be removed and a vesa wall mount fitted.

Posted on 1 Oct 2011 15:27:57 BDT
AluCard IV says:
I like the savings £15 (max) for a scart plug or £20 quid a month for the foreseeable future (SkyHD+). No wonder we're doomed with savings like these <joking>. My go for one of these myself.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›